Best/Favorite Ballad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make Our Garden Grow is one of the best ballads of all time, in drum corps or not. with that being said, I believe 1985 Cadets wins in my book.

Other great ones,

Cavaliers 2004 (favorite moment of that year, other than my own show)

Phantom 2003

Ah, yes. Someone else of my vintage! :cool: Now all you youngsters listen up, and find a copy of this pronto!

"I Have a Love" by the amazing Ms. Maroney. Best ballad ever. Ever. Seriously, ever.

Cheers!

Karen

They can always go to that site that must not be named and search for 1984 Garfield Cadets....but you didn't hear that from me.....

Garfield ran a clinic the day of teh 84 Pt Huron, MI show....because the show got rained out before we got to the field that night, we never had a chance to see Garfield from the audience POV in show...but we DID at the clinic.

When Barb hit that last note in IHaY, the Blue Devils had a collective corpsgasm.....just perfection...

This year would be a tie between Bluecoats and Blue Stars. Both were absolutely beautiful

All time favorite is most definitely Cadets 2005. Seeing that live was life changing

Vanguard 2000 gets an honorable mention. An incredibly amazing moment, slightly ruined by an incredibly obnoxious fan

Any ballad Phantom has ever played, it seems (but not quite), including Amazing Grace. Particularly 79, 93, 94, 96, 04, 06, 07, 08.

Also Bluecoats "The Boxer" and Cadets "Canterbury Chorale" from 1998. Also, Cadets 2005, "Overture to a New World" corspreps says... beautiful.

Edited by Stryfe

Cadets 1991 - Letters From Home.