Who's the biggest contender for top 12...

Is "none" an option?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the top 12 will be the same as last year but in order to play this game…Boston out Colts in. The parade could help them bond and I thought they were placed too low last year.

I don’t buy into the Crossmen hype, they have gone from a favorite of mine to a least favorite the past few years, and last year was no expectation. I hate what their design staff is doing and the kids still looked like they were trying to march at semis (as opposed to just marching). I thought the Academy was way over rated in 2007 and it caught up to them in 2008, I think the Crossmen will suffer the same fate. It was their numbers (and full guard) that kept them close to Madison…if Madison comes out full this year with a half-way decent guard, they’ll be in again….they had good design and their brass marched above their placement. I expect Spirit to move up but not that much or into finals – they had talent but not design, I’ve seen nothing to make me think the design team will be better. I could see Troopers moving up, they had a great show last year it just lacked a guard, if they get a guard, watch out. As to why Boston being out, they had good musical design mostly and bad visual design last year. They seemed rather sloppy with their marching, like they were almost out of control and about to lose it…their brass saved them big time.

Glassmen have too much experience to drop out. Madison will recruit better this year and seeing they’d made finals last year so its Boston

Glassmen have too much experience to drop out. Madison will recruit better this year and seeing they’d made finals last year so its Boston

If Madison can drop out of finals it can certainly happen to Glassmen. Madison has certainly had more "finals experience" than Glassmen over the years.

now i wonder, how many have put serious thought into their "prediction" and how many just pulled the list out of thin air

now i wonder, how many have put serious thought into their "prediction" and how many just pulled the list out of thin air

I'm guessing about 50%, but I didn't really put much thought into that...

I don’t buy into the Crossmen hype, they have gone from a favorite of mine to a least favorite the past few years, and last year was no expectation. I hate what their design staff is doing and the kids still looked like they were trying to march at semis (as opposed to just marching). I thought the Academy was way over rated in 2007 and it caught up to them in 2008, I think the Crossmen will suffer the same fate. It was their numbers (and full guard) that kept them close to Madison…if Madison comes out full this year with a half-way decent guard, they’ll be in again….they had good design and their brass marched above their placement.

I thought the Crossmen did a pretty good job marching a demanding visual package. The Scouts visual package was no where near as demanding as Crossmen. That is why they looked better in the feet department, and with clean drill. Music packages is a different story. But what kept Crossmen in front of Madison up until quarters was the fact that they were outperforming Madison a whole lot. MAdison just had that extra little bit left at the end that Crossmen did not. As for overall design, they are learning at Crossmen every year. Visual design is under control and is still growing, and music design could be better, but they are learning each year. And their overall package last year was pretty good in my opinion. I don't think Crossmen's numbers had anything to do with it. They were just as big as Madison, I just think with a smaller hornline (Crossmen). Oh yeah Crossmen percussion was way behind, and that is on a huge UP after so many vets have returned, and a new and better staff as before.

I am buying into Crossmen hype. But it won't matter if they don't have the drive they had for a good chunk of the year last year.

I think the top 12 will be the same as last year but in order to play this game…Boston out Colts in. The parade could help them bond and I thought they were placed too low last year.

I don’t buy into the Crossmen hype, they have gone from a favorite of mine to a least favorite the past few years, and last year was no expectation. I hate what their design staff is doing and the kids still looked like they were trying to march at semis (as opposed to just marching). I thought the Academy was way over rated in 2007 and it caught up to them in 2008, I think the Crossmen will suffer the same fate. It was their numbers (and full guard) that kept them close to Madison…if Madison comes out full this year with a half-way decent guard, they’ll be in again….they had good design and their brass marched above their placement. I expect Spirit to move up but not that much or into finals – they had talent but not design, I’ve seen nothing to make me think the design team will be better. I could see Troopers moving up, they had a great show last year it just lacked a guard, if they get a guard, watch out. As to why Boston being out, they had good musical design mostly and bad visual design last year. They seemed rather sloppy with their marching, like they were almost out of control and about to lose it…their brass saved them big time.

Man, do I hope you are right on that one.

I would like to say that those 18 kids on the field with that little guard, performed the hell outta that show!!

I would like to say that those 18 kids on the field with that little guard, performed the hell outta that show!!

It really sucks that they lost a couple people towards the end of spring training due to season ending injuries. That must suck. Working so hard for so long to have it end right before you get a chance to actually perform it for an audience...I would hate that.

I have 3 words for you.

Magic Eight Ball.

http://www.tridelphia.net/

Too bad that told me that there will be at least a 3 way tie, maybe even a 4 way tie for 1st place. Definitley BD, Crown, and Cavies, and maybe Cadets, too! All in a 4 way tie for 1st! Imagine that! Now THAT would get people talking about overhauling the judging system, wouldn't it?