Serenade in Brass

Marty, don't be "sorry for the OT." That's one of the reasons we're all here - mutual support.

We've all shared a lot of experiences over the years - some good, some not so good, some easy, and some difficult. Why should now be any different?

Please know that there are a great many people sending out prayers and best wishes to Martybucs, Mrs. Martybucs, and Babybucs. :laughing:

What he said 10x over.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Make" him drink 2? Oh, You mean, limit him to 2! :blink:

2 what? :smile: Sounds like our group at DCA Weekend. Used to work with a guy who was trying to cut down on his lunch time drinking. One day he comes back and proudly sez "I only had one". Response was "one what... pitcher?".

Man I may have to be in Ronks for an Antique Car breakfast at Millers the next morning. Not much time for -> :laughing: And I don't have the heart to see if Lancer practice is that Sunday afternoon. So much for hearing the next few days....

And mutual support is good thing even if you're getting it from people you've never met face to face. This weekend Kris' dad came home from hernia surgery and got loopy on the pain pills (at age 81). About the same time she found out a close/long time friend passed away unexpectedly. Yeah, lot of phones calls flying around our area checking on help and showing care.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Jim you "marched" in 84. that's when the legend of Brut began :laughing:

Got my form the mail today, here is the official line up. Date 4/18, start time 730 PM

The United States Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps

The United States Naval Academy Drum and Bugle Corps

The Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni

The Yankee Rebels

The Skyliners Alumni

Mighty St. Joes

The Buccaneer Alumni

Swing House

The Hip Pickles

and the Westshoremen Alumni.

tickets $18, for ordering info please visit www.fivestarbrass.com

Five Star site does not have the info up yet, but did they get a block of rooms at lower price then we can get on the web.....

Also, with no mini corp show will they anybody playing at the party, if they still have a party...

Pete

PS.. I always thought the mini show should have been held on Friday night..

if started around 9-9:30, with 6 or 7 corps it still would get over earlier then the Sat night party...(very understanding hotel and staff)

this would have let the practicing corps (Sat afternoon) see the show...

Pete

Jim you "marched" in 84. that's when the legend of Brut began :smile:

Thought Geiger was the one who explained (or is that echhh-splained) it to me but not sure when he stopped marching.

All I'll say is.... drum line thing... drum line thing... drum line thing...... :laughing:

I "marched" in '84 LMAO.... People say the corps was on the field for Prelims. I didn't "see" it... and I was there.... :blink:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Good to hear!

Ditto.....

Got my form the mail today, here is the official line up. Date 4/18, start time 730 PM

The United States Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps

The United States Naval Academy Drum and Bugle Corps

The Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni

The Yankee Rebels

The Skyliners Alumni

Mighty St. Joes

The Buccaneer Alumni

Swing House

The Hip Pickles

and the Westshoremen Alumni.

tickets $18, for ordering info please visit www.fivestarbrass.com

WHOOOO HOOO!!!!!.....I have to change the list of my past and present affiliations but I have joined the Bucs Alumni and it will be the first time I have performed in front of a crowd in 18 years.....CAN"T WAIT. :laughing::blink::smile:

Mrs. Martybucs read all your notes just now and says thanks too.

She especially liked "babybucs". Got a good giggle on that one.

He's 8 now, don't think he'd be quite as amused, though.

Many thanks again.

Best of luck Marty....you're little one is a tough one.