Carolina Crown Announces 2009 Program

Wait...there was a storyline to them? Oh......looks like I'll have to go back and re-watch and try to figure it out...

wait.. no there was no "story line" just images to grab onto that the audience could feel was accesable. why does everything have to have a story. the horse show was just that a horse show...people got it. the finis show was about great endings... no other story!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a big Crown fan for several years and have thoroughly enjoyed every one of their shows from 2004-2008. I'm very excited about this show and hope that Crown can put on another crowd-pleasing show this year.

wait.. no there was no "story line" just images to grab onto that the audience could feel was accesable. why does everything have to have a story. the horse show was just that a horse show...people got it. the finis show was about great endings... no other story!

a story is right up there at the top of the list for what a corps needs now... right behind an amped pit. :thumbup:

lame. just like last year.

I really haven't enjoyed a Crown show since 2005. That show is on heavy rotation on my drum corps playlist.

Sounds like something I might see Tarpon Springs do at BOA finals.

If you seriously thought last year's Crown was lame drum corps then nothing you say from this point on holds any credibility at all.

"Lame" is a bit strong, but I didn't care for last year's show either. The play count field tells me that it's the one show from last year's finals that I haven't listened to since I ripped my DCI CDs to Windows Media Player.

If you seriously thought last year's Crown was lame drum corps then nothing you say from this point on holds any credibility at all.

Actually I agree with him (on not liking Crown for the most part since 2005). Does that mean I have no credibility either? Or is it just that I can form my own opinions about things I like/dislike?

Personally I don't think this show looks promising on paper, but I didn't think Faust looked good on paper either.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

"Lame" is a bit strong, but I didn't care for last year's show either. The play count field tells me that it's the one show from last year's finals that I haven't listened to since I ripped my DCI CDs to Windows Media Player.

Crown has been my favorite corps of the century...but last year is my personal second from the bottom least favorite shows of theirs in that time.

Also not a fan of last year - no big secret. Lately, I try to enjoy them for the superb hornline in spite of the cloying overemphasis on "theme" which takes its toll in the form of distracting guard antics and schizophrenic rep choices. The only year I really enjoyed without reservations was 2006 (In.trance.it), when they let the show get out of its own way and allowed the music speak for itself. I was hoping they'd turned a corner back then to more streamlined, sophisticated presentations - but no such luck. 2009 is sounding like another year of drum corps for the ADD/ADHD crowd.