Carolina Crown Announces 2009 Program

With this complicated of a narrative, I hope that they actually feature this year. Their storyline is always lost on me. Yeah, I got it was about horses, I got that it was about endings... but there was an actual storyline in both, right? Let's see if they can make that come across.

Wait...there was a storyline to them? Oh......looks like I'll have to go back and re-watch and try to figure it out...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Crown's story lines, you have to be told what they are before you can really see them in the music.

I don't hate you, but I do hate your opinion :thumbup:

shouldn't it be the fake turf is always greener?

funny :smile:

I like the idea, if they convey the story well, the hornline is awesome, get the percussion up to speed and it looks like a good year for crown.

Either way Crown entertains regardless, since ive seen them in 05 onward, so if they do fall back in place, its about the enjoyment of the show rather than saying we are 1,2,3 etc.

IMO :thumbup:

Crown has proven to me that they can take any concept and make it work.

I never thought that a show based on endings could work, but they pulled it

off brilliantly. I have full confidence they will do amazing things with this show.

Agree fully! Can't wait to see the production this summer. This summer, to me, seems like there are going to be some very good shows to see from the show concepts that are being released from each corps this year. Maybe it's going to be an exciting year for drum corps!

shouldn't it be the fake turf is always greener?

Not necessarily- remember that Boise has the Smurf Turf and I know a few schools in Texas and New Mexico that are using the same thing.

I'll be honest, I don't care for the announcement. But to be fair to Crown I believe they had a similar explanation to the 2006, and that didn't stop In.Trance.It from being my favorite Crown show. I think I'm actually more excited to see these guys than I have been for the last three years.