Carolina Crown Announces 2009 Program

Perhaps you just didn't get it either year??? Maybe you should pay closer attention???

Geez, it's not rocket science. A show about horses. A show about finding the perfect ending.

Judging by the crowd response for both seasons, you were in the minority in not understanding the central themes in either show.

Or maybe the majority of the audience might have been more like me in thoroughly enjoying a quality product out on the field, both musically and visually, and didn't really even notice or CARE FOR an underlying story. I honestly really don't care whether or not they were actually trying to tell a story throughout the show. I loved both those shows, and knowing/not knowing that there is an underlying storyline really doesn't matter to me. I'll enjoy the shows equally either way.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Mr. Minority.... I'm no troll. I've been here alot longer than you and your 142 posts. We cannot have it both ways. Either we complain about the corps giving us narration....or we complain about the corps doing it with just music and a brief show description.

I dont get it? Why do you have to complain about anything at all. And if you (or I) was to complain, why couldnt I complain about both? I can not like narration, and also not like corps with flowery show descriptions with no narration

For the record, I had no idea that show was about finding the right ending.

Enjoyed the show...just had no idea that that was the premise.

Thats kind of the point. Crown has been doing shows that are very enjoyable, but havent really had a whole lot of meat to them. Now, I'm not complaining...their show was probably in my top 3 or 4 this year, but its understandable what people are saying...

Or maybe the majority of the audience might have been more like me in thoroughly enjoying a quality product out on the field, both musically and visually, and didn't really even notice or CARE FOR an underlying story. I honestly really don't care whether or not they were actually trying to tell a story throughout the show. I loved both those shows, and knowing/not knowing that there is an underlying storyline really doesn't matter to me. I'll enjoy the shows equally either way.

As long as you were entertained. That is the key. And it seems you were. :thumbup:

Having actually been at the camps and heard crown from this year. I can say all of you are wrong! How can you judge a show you haven't even heard yet? Come on!! The design staff are not morons! They know what you want and are prepared to give it to you! Relax and little and wait for the corps first show in PA. Then if you attended the show, you can comment.

Lots of credible statements in this thread, actually. For example, I said the announcement didn't do much for me, but that I'm sure the show will. Others have made similar statements. Nobody needs your magical credibility-imbuing magnificence to offer an opinion about a show announcement.

The only way to lose credibility is to come on and say things like Crown's staff knows what "you want" or categorically say "all of you are wrong."