Tour Gee Whiz Facts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spring Training Food Crew is where it's at.

Kinda crappy for the 3 or 4 weeks of spring training, but it pays off big time when everyone else is rushing around before leaving for a show to do their tour jobs or waking up early to paint fields and you are just chilling or walking to Wendy's or something.

Avoid bus loading at all costs though.

Before leaving a housing site for a show you take a shower and get dressed and then 15 minutes later you still have to crawl into the luggage compartments and get sweaty all over again.

I was on three different crews this past summer. First I was on Field Lining, which wasn't bad. I didn't mind waking up early. But then I got moved to Shower Cleaning Crew, and that was pretty awful. But then, I got a chance to switch crews, so I asked if I could be on Utility Crew. That was the best one. Yeah, we had to clean up the field after rehearsal, and sometimes I had to take in the ####### yardline markers because someone else kept forgetting to do his #### job, but sometimes people would leave their dotbooks or waterjugs out on the field, and one of the vets told me that I could "sell" those things back to the people that forgot them. Of course, I didn't try to sell stuff back to the vets...especially that one time when I picked up our drum major's water jug...but I'm totally gonna try and be on Utility crew again this summer.

I was on three different crews this past summer. First I was on Field Lining, which wasn't bad. I didn't mind waking up early. But then I got moved to Shower Cleaning Crew, and that was pretty awful. But then, I got a chance to switch crews, so I asked if I could be on Utility Crew. That was the best one. Yeah, we had to clean up the field after rehearsal, and sometimes I had to take in the ####### yardline markers because someone else kept forgetting to do his #### job, but sometimes people would leave their dotbooks or waterjugs out on the field, and one of the vets told me that I could "sell" those things back to the people that forgot them. Of course, I didn't try to sell stuff back to the vets...especially that one time when I picked up our drum major's water jug...but I'm totally gonna try and be on Utility crew again this summer.

Utility crew rules, you can sell stuff like dot books or water jugs back to vets, just have to make sure that it's something useful but won't really cost them anything, such as them having to grab a washer for you on a laundry day so you don't have to wait.

Help the pit. Seriously. At some point you're going to need a huge favor from them. Everyone always does. And those that help the pit are the ones that get what they need.

especially when its poring and they have alot of electronics to put into a truck.

especially when its poring and they have alot of electronics to put into a truck.

The pit always remembers who helped them. And you'll get the favor paid back. I guarantee it. Even if its just that you want a cold gatorade from that store across the street but won't be able to get there because of america/o canada. I bet a pit kid will have the time.

Gee Whiz tid bits – you’ll thank me later.

Ok, you’re going to think I'm crazy, but it has been said that the state bird of Minnesota is the Mosquito. If you're a midwestern corps, you're going to tour through the Land of the 10,000 Lakes. Unless you love that sticky feeling that bug spray leaves on your skin I have a tip for that REALLY WORKS to get rid of mosquitoes.

No More Mosquitoes - Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.

Have you ever watched the DVD and think, oh my, those pants have static cling? Here is a sure fire way to reduce static cling.

Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and ... ta da! ... static is gone.

Ok, you can thank me later … see you on the road this summer.

New or Used dryer sheets?

The pit always remembers who helped them. And you'll get the favor paid back. I guarantee it. Even if its just that you want a cold gatorade from that store across the street but won't be able to get there because of america/o canada. I bet a pit kid will have the time.

they get a good magic time. If it wasnt for the pit, trunk people wouldnt have had several meals.