Renegades New Uniform

I was just commenting to a friend that the uni would look incredible with a dark gray shako/plume with black accents.

I don't think an Aussie really works with that uni, personally. Plus aussies have reached the saturation point in DCA, if you ask me.

I suspect Renegades members are attached to their hatless look, though.

Yes you are correct, There was much discussion about Shako's and everyone concluded that we are a sunglasses corps.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personal opinion

headgear is not only appropriate - for a long complicated reason (which I won't go into) but it = tenths (and maybe points)

This is the one ongoing argument I had for two decades with Vince Bruni... Empire is proof you can do without - that being said, I still say (espeicially with a classic uni like the new Renegades) shako (my preference) or even the Crossmen look (not quite as strong) can add a few tenths which can mean a placement or even a championship on a very competitive evening...

can you imagine the seemingly 10 foot tall Blue Devils without shakos?

Another vote that a Black Shako with Tall Black plume would be more striking and powerful looking. (Along with the sunglasses if you really think you still need them. Make you look like Hollywood wantabes.) Just a PERSONAL opinion only. Still wishing you the best of luck though no matter what is or has been the decision that was made!

Edited by royal-air canada

My vote is for nothing... coming from another corps that is hatless, I personally love not wearing anything!

Very sharp look!!!

Fran

personal opinion

headgear is not only appropriate - for a long complicated reason (which I won't go into) but it = tenths (and maybe points)

This is the one ongoing argument I had for two decades with Vince Bruni... Empire is proof you can do without - that being said, I still say (espeicially with a classic uni like the new Renegades) shako (my preference) or even the Crossmen look (not quite as strong) can add a few tenths which can mean a placement or even a championship on a very competitive evening...

can you imagine the seemingly 10 foot tall Blue Devils without shakos?

I agree with you, even if Empire wont ever wear hats, I still think that hats make a huge difference visually.

I read the announcement and thought, "well, what the hell could they possibly wear that wouldn't destroy their identity?" Then I saw the photo. Fan-f'in-tastic! I don't think there's any way you could have better captured the image of the corps. It's perfect.