The OFFICIAL 2009 Phantom Regiment Thread

As a side note, not long ago, JD Shaw posted on his facebook these words:

"J.D. Shaw is Rachmaninoff, Corigliano, Lutoslawski, Barnes, Goodman, and Wilby."

I would love if this actually meant something.

All of those chaps have written variations on Paganini. I haven't seen the Red Violin - is Paganini prominently featured?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be nice. It's one thing to hear complaints of anticipation regarding show much announcement. It's another thing to hear complaints because the DCI Champion could not secure rights to music they performed and their show is cut/edited. Glad that Phantom is probably dotting their I's and crossing their T's (like everyone else); hopefully in the future their rights issues can be ironed out so all of us can enjoy their uncut show on DVD and Fan Network.

i think the issue was having the documentation, however the un-named jerk pulled his rights anyway.

i think the issue was having the documentation, however the un-named jerk pulled his rights anyway.

If I remember correctly they did have the rights secured for performing the piece. It was the sycronization rights in regards to the video recording that was the problem. A completly different set of contracts.

I don't know why the industry has made everything so difficult. I understand composers should be compensated and such, but having to obtain seperate permissions for each little item for the same piece of music seems a bit overboard.