The OFFICIAL 2009 Phantom Regiment Thread

PRDead.jpg

Noooz! Life is SOOOO CRUELLLL!!!! [weeps] And to think it all started with them needing a couple brass players!

LOL.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd bet the economy (pay cuts, parents without jobs, etc.) is going to hurt lots of corps. If the parents don't have jobs, it's tough for them to help their kid pay for drum corps.

I made a statement like this a few months ago on a thread about the economy and drum corps.

I think we indeed will see more of this kind of thing this spring/summer as parents lose jobs. Many retired grandparents are also in a squeeze as their protfolios and retirement plans are down and perhaps not able to help as much as some times.

Noooz! Life is SOOOO CRUELLLL!!!! [weeps] And to think it all started with them needing a couple brass players!

LOL.

Spent this entire past weekend at Phantom's camp.

I am vowed to secrecy when it comes to the new uniforms......but they are awesome.

I took no pictures and will not describe color, cut nor fit.

The music is refreshing, somewhat out of character for PR.....you will be brought to tears in one certain section.

The current soloist is going to blow you away.

As with any corp today, money is tight.

I'm confident the holes in the horn lines will be filled soon....maybe they already have!

Come to the Rockford Memorial Day parade to see the new uniforms.

Been busy comparing the music I listened to this weekend with the Red Violin soundtrack.......interesting!

I've only been a drum corp volunteer (for years and years) - never marched, so I cant help you with descriptions of horn types, music scores, etc. But, it will be worth the wait.

.....all for now!

GO PHANTOM REGIMENT!!!!!!

Spent this entire past weekend at Phantom's camp.

I am vowed to secrecy when it comes to the new uniforms......but they are awesome.

I took no pictures and will not describe color, cut nor fit.

The music is refreshing, somewhat out of character for PR.....you will be brought to tears in one certain section.

The current soloist is going to blow you away.

As with any corp today, money is tight.

I'm confident the holes in the horn lines will be filled soon....maybe they already have!

Come to the Rockford Memorial Day parade to see the new uniforms.

Been busy comparing the music I listened to this weekend with the Red Violin soundtrack.......interesting!

I've only been a drum corp volunteer (for years and years) - never marched, so I cant help you with descriptions of horn types, music scores, etc. But, it will be worth the wait.

.....all for now!

GO PHANTOM REGIMENT!!!!!!

UGH! can't wait much longer!!! pr needs to have an update on the selections/camp videos. whatever they do, i'm sure it'll be just jazzy!