A question about Mini Corps

Free: Our Arranger is a member of the Corps who has composed original pieces for us this year.

$500:We can get liability insurance for a period of 12 months for $500.00.

$100:The $100.00 dollar entry fee is better than I heard.

The source I heard the $800.00 number from must have been including all the above as expenses to get a Mini Corps in the contest.

Wow. DCA dues are only $500, aren't they?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pirates?

SIMOLEON first appeared in U.S. slang around 1896, and refers to one dollar. There may be a connection between 'Simoleon' and the Napoleon, a 20 franc French coin issued by Napoleon Bonaparte in the early 1800s. A reference is also made to the 'simon', British slang for sixpence, in the 17th century. In the late 19th century inflation caused the simon to refer to a dollar. The Word Detective goes on to say that perhaps Simoleon is a combination of 'simon' and 'Napoleon', originating in New Orleans, where French currency was still common at the time.

Thanks to 'The Word Detective' at - http://www.word-detective.com/082498.html - for his article 'Take back your Moolah.'

:tongue: There ya go Gino

:devil: There ya go Gino

Almost sorry I commented. Actully it's Samalian (spl) what a difference a vowel makes. :tongue: What do you expect from someone who doesn't know the difference between.... MELLI...and MELLO...? (Spam...?)

Almost sorry I commented. Actully it's Samalian (spl) what a difference a vowel makes. :worthy: What do you expect from someone who doesn't know the difference between.... MELLI...and MELLO...? (Spam...?)

Took me a few seconds Gene too but I finally got it.... :tongue:

Ironic on the word play as "South Park" just had an episode kinda like this (and finally one worth staying up for). The kids came up with a joke dealing with "fish sticks" and a part of a fishes anatomy that sounds kinda like "fish sticks". :devil: That was the first half of the show. Second half was self proclaimed genius rapper Kanye West driving himself nutz trying to "get it".

Wow. DCA dues are only $500, aren't they?

Oh yea, forgot we would have to pay $500.00 DCA dues as well unless we hooked up with another Corps.

So that would be:

DCA Mini Corps Show:

Free Music

$500 for Insurance

$500 DCA dues

$100 Mini corps Entry

Total of $1,100.00 dollars to perform at one show.

Get to see the Big show.

SDCA 2 show Weekend:

Free Music

$500.00 for Insurance

$100.00 refundable dues

Total $500.00 Dollars to perfom at two shows.

Bonus of getting 1 dollar for each ticket sold. So we could take home possibly $1,000 dollars up to $2800 dollars depending on ticket sales.

Rub elbows with other Small Drum Corps and Mini Corps.

Just thinking out loud.

Edited by Kansan

maybe so, but it's THE show.

Yep, it is THE BIG SHOW :tongue: and I hope we can get there some day.

It's just not in the Cards or Bank Account this year. :devil:

As the Chiefs and Royals always say "Maybe Next Year".

Edited by Kansan