Best Crossmen Show Ever

I'm partial to 79 but that's me.

Great thread! I love Crossmen so I'm gonna have a little fun with this...

1977 The First year playing Russian, the BIG X that took up the entire field and ofcourse making Finals for the first time...unforgettable & the show that started it all.

1978 Came in 6th in prelims & definitely "Something" was a great, GREAT chart...little shout out to Brian Law on his solo work...Crossmen, in only their 4th season, turning alot of heads at this point...dropped to 9th at Finals but lets not go there...haha

1979...didn't make Finals but hornline came in 5th at Prelims..."Can you read my mind" was so emotional...great moment...

1980 Pictures of Spain...wow!

1981 Rocky

1982 Canto del Viento...another shout out to Harry S & George Headley...

1984 Let Me Try Again...forget about it, another favorite moment...

1989 The Scrim & making Finals again!!!! Crossmen were back baby!!

1990-1994...Magical & EASILY the best my corps has ever been...I hope this changes someday.

1997 What else can I say that you all haven't already said?

But, my favorite year from Crossmen, and I'll exclude the years I marched, would have to be 1991. Thanks Mr. Krempasky...total show, great ballad, emotional, crowd pleaser, great solos that still run through my brain daily, etc etc...

Go 2011 Crossmen!

Edited by CROSSMENCORPS30

I'm going to follow up Kevin....why? because I just had to call DCI's offices about something, and Xmen 90's drum solo was the hold music. I jokingly asked her to keep me on hold.'

92. The crossmen show of shows.

97...the closest to 92.

91...man,if they hadn't peaked at East

82...what a show

90....still love it.

88...an underrated show IMO, and should havebeen a finalist. IMO< Thurston's all time power ending.

95....used to love it more, lately not so much. Unsure why

89...it kinda came off as 88 rehash, but it got em in

87...also under rated, but a sign of things to come.

86...god the corps overall was bad ( not the drums). Would love to have seen this show with a better corps. I mean you have to love Street Dancin

I'm going to follow up Kevin....why? because I just had to call DCI's offices about something, and Xmen 90's drum solo was the hold music. I jokingly asked her to keep me on hold.'

92. The crossmen show of shows.

97...the closest to 92.

91...man,if they hadn't peaked at East

82...what a show

90....still love it.

88...an underrated show IMO, and should havebeen a finalist. IMO< Thurston's all time power ending.

95....used to love it more, lately not so much. Unsure why

89...it kinda came off as 88 rehash, but it got em in

87...also under rated, but a sign of things to come.

86...god the corps overall was bad ( not the drums). Would love to have seen this show with a better corps. I mean you have to love Street Dancin

Great Stuff Jeff...ya know, I have 85-88 all on video & I'm thinking I'll pop them in tonight or tomorrow!

Also have 79 Prelims on high camera & it's worth a viewing as well...

It's a shame that DCI hasn't figured out a way to make the non-finalist performances available! If I didn't get the Crossmen "Through The Years" double video set BITD, I'd be SOL if I wanted to see those shows again that didn't make Finals...

1992, with 1990 right behind. Birdland was an absolute classic in '97, but the rest of the show didn't do it as much for me.

Mike

In a primitive form of time travel, I'm wholeheartedly supporting myself here. Though to expand slightly -

1992 - still the best drum feature ever. Even more solidified now that I've seen the score to it.

1990 - still the best collection of tunes they've played.

1991 - grown on me a lot over time - the drumline is strangely underrepresented when classic lines are talked about.

2001 - Fire Dance, Fire Dance and Fire Dance.

Would have included 2002, but Heat of the Day had to get the hose turned on it, and it didn't have the same oomph after that.

Mike

Great Stuff Jeff...ya know, I have 85-88 all on video & I'm thinking I'll pop them in tonight or tomorrow!

Also have 79 Prelims on high camera & it's worth a viewing as well...

It's a shame that DCI hasn't figured out a way to make the non-finalist performances available! If I didn't get the Crossmen "Through The Years" double video set BITD, I'd be SOL if I wanted to see those shows again that didn't make Finals...

I remember hearing that Crossmen were right there (I think even beating them a couple times) in '02 back East during 1st tour. There was talk of Crossmen being a top 5 corps that year ((I love the '02 show by the way)) but I'm not sure what happened. Did they peak earlier or did the other corps just grow more during the season (ie. Glassmen, PR, etc.). ???

and to another another "wishful thinking shameless request"---ppppllleeeaase bring back "The Waltz"...just for me :-)....please

CM

'02 Crossmen actually beat BD for the first time on the East coast that summer, and were sitting pretty in 4th... then their scores stalled right around midseason. I think the show proved to be too difficult, as other corps tweaked and cleaned and passed them by. I remember that the version of Heat of the Day at Finals was a fair shadow of the one they'd done in the first half of the year, and it seemed like they were still getting gassed by the end.

Mike

Am I the only person out here that likes Crossmen '03? I like that show, and 99 as well.

But in terms of top show, have to go with the standards, 92 and 97. Both amazing shows, maybe we'll see Crossmen in white pants next year.... :thumbup:

My vote would go for 1997 for all time favorite. I would go old school as well with '79 and '80.