Best Crossmen Show Ever

Top shows I've only heard and not seen:

1979, 1980, 1982

*STILL LOVE TIGER OF SAN PEDRO**

Of the shows I've seen:

1988- man that show just absolutely grooves for me! I like that version of "The Waltz" better than '89. By the way-to any current staff- would be nice to hear that song again *cough cough* :-) Show was not the cleanest but man did it have some raw energy that was amazing!

1990- everyone talks about '92 and '91 but this is the show that just blows me away. Totally underated drumline in comparison to all their lines in the 90's. Still have several vets who were around from the "rebirth" in 1986. Just a great show with one of my all personal favorite closers.

1997- one of my favorite fan memories was the spontaneous standing O they got when they entered the field at finals. Everyone knew they should have been ahead of Cavies that year.

The applause just started and kept growing and growing...it was awesome. The show itself was great too ( who does not love Birdland and Niner-Two???!!). I'm not a guard guy but have a vivid memory of that guard (for some unknown reason) just being wonderful to watch (esp. when they were all on flags in the opener)

To all you vets out there from the 82/83 era..I've seen the "screw patch" from 1983. I would love to hear your stories about why you got hosed that year...

CM

Edited by scout9193

Since the move to Texas my picks are 2008 and 2011.

I hope they beat Colts and Academy this weekend.

My favorites

1982 - great color guard and fantastic music

1992 - OMG this corps and show was awesome - and a great guard

1997 - The rotating flag block in the opener was awesome - great, great show!!!!

Can't remeber the year - but their Generation X show

Later,

Mike

1997...the horn re-entrance coming out of the drum solo in "Niner Two" still lifts me out of my seat every time I hear it.

The 1990 New York Voices show is definitely my favorite. I still listen to that one quite a bit.

Gotta give some love to 2008 - after a couple of weaker years, it said to me "we're still alive."

Can't vote for my year :)

Voting for 2001, 1998 (rips you out of your seat from the first second) and 1990 (which I'm now going back to listen to again).

I hope they beat Colts and Academy this weekend.

There have been some GREAT CROSSMEN corps through the years.

THIS ONE "2011 " IS by far the best one since moving to TEXAS.

I have many but a few really get me going.

1983 Russlan and Ludmilla was the most amazing chart that year. That corps should have been in finals.

1990 The NY Voices show was awesome.

1992 The very best period. Thanks Dennis De Lucia and Carl Ruocco, great job.

1997 Just balls to the wall. Don Ellis would have been proud.