Best Company Front

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star of Indiana 1991, about 2:00 into the show. The first two minutes (and the last) are epic.

First of all let me thank all for remembering us and at least recognizing us for the glide style of marching and the company fronts we did off the line to the fifty EVERY year. Also I know there were a lot of other corps with simular type of names over the years but in just trying to keep things right the correct spelling in the case of our name is the Chicago Royal-Airs, not donnymusic (Royalairs), Puppet Royaliares), and Cavie 74 (Royal Airs). Sorry if I seem to be knit picking. I know what's in a name but to us it does mean a lot to see our name spelled correctly. Again thank you one and all for remembering. P.S. Puppet at what show did you see us in 1965? You must have been very, very young.

Edited by royal-air canada

First of all let me thank all for remembering us and at least recognizing us for the glide style of marching and the company fronts we did off the line to the fifty EVERY year. Also I know there were a lot of other corps with simular type of names over the years but in just trying to keep things right the correct spelling in the case of our name is the Chicago Royal-Airs, not donnymusic (Royalairs), Puppet Royaliares), and Cavie 74 (Royal Airs). Sorry if I seem to be knit picking. I know what's in a name but to us it does mean a lot to see our name spelled correctly. Again thank you one and all for remembering. P.S. Puppet at what show did you see us in 1965? You must have been very, very young.

Mea Culpa! Chicago Royal-Airs: I will remember and use it correctly in the future. And I actually saw The Royal-Airs perform twice during my young teens: (age 13) At the Singer Bowl in 1964 at the World's Fair. I was a member of a small "B" corp and that show showed me the light. I needed to march "Class A!" I joined St. Joseph Patron Cadets and in 1965 in between the World Open prelims (where we placed 11th) and our final two shows of the year my parents allowed me a Greyhound bus ride (ostensibly to visit my cousins) but in fact to see the VFW Nationals in MacCormick Place, Chicago! If wasn't hooked before ... That sound in that place was just awesome! i wore out the Fleetwood releases of that show. BTW, we won the Greater New York M&M Circuit Championships that year. How young was I - I played a French Horn in "G" with a valve and slide.

Puppet

87 Garfield for coolest effect.

1992 Phantom Regiment...1812...company front...doesn't get any better! Now, the show could have been better...but :worthy:

Was watching Vanguard today and marveled at the company front at the end of the show. That got me thinking thinking, who has the best company front of all time? My votes would have to be SCV 89 and Garfield 87.

Yours?

1986 Blue Devils, 1989 SCV, and 2000 Cadets

Geoffrey