The Official INT 2009 Discussion thread

I'm not saying I predicted this kind of season ... I was so star struck by the concept, I just couldn't ( and won't! ) say this year's INT would be a show stopper!

Puppet

I always thought INT had the ability to get fans up and out of their seats at just the right moment in the show, so I'm not all that surprised that INT still is showing the goods to bring so many fans together like this.

Edited by BRASSO

Finally got to see INT live the other night in Ocean Springs. WOW! I've never seen a performance quite like it!

The visual product was by far the cleanest thing I've seen in a long, long time.

Unfortunately, the rude crowd in our section had no respect for this innovative unit's show. They were talking and milling about so much you couldn't even hear the corps at all.

INT's show is mad easy. I could march their show when I was in 9th grade, that's a fact. I don't even need to put on a uniform to tell you that. I wish they would challenge themselves more. Come on. I know this for a fact because I marched the Cavaliers for 4 years.*

*I did not actually march the Cavaliers.

INT 2009- seriously cheesy yet again. As are some of their fans. :tongue: They'll never finish better than fourth to sixth in finals.

WHO will never finish better than fourth?? INT, or their fans, or both???

How DARE you? And I disagree with your assessment. Plenty of shows could be characterized as INT getting the final encore, the ringing of the audience still bouncing off the stadium walls. INT doesn't need to see its name engraved on the DCI trophy to be champions.

Doubters... the bane of drum corps. I bet you'd be the MM who crawls out of a sleeping bag at 7 in the morning complaining about being tired and sore after 10 hours of practice, a show, and a six hour bus ride the day before. Well it's nothing that ten extra laps won't cure. Get to it!

Edited by Peel Paint

INT 2009- seriously cheesy yet again. As are some of their fans. :tongue: They'll never finish better than fourth to sixth in finals.

Well, some say that DCI is engaged in slotting with INT always in the middle of the pack at shows. But I think INT has demonstrated time and time again that they have some of the goods, but not enough to satisfy everybody. I just wish sometimes that the judges would spend more time checking out INT more. I think all of us might benefit from that, including INT.

Edited by BRASSO

WHO will never finish better than fourth?? INT, or their fans, or both???

How DARE you? And I disagree with your assessment. Plenty of shows could be characterized as INT getting the final encore, the ringing of the audience still bouncing off the stadium walls. INT doesn't need to see its name engraved on the DCI trophy to be champions.

Doubters... the bane of drum corps. I bet you'd be the MM who crawls out of a sleeping bag at 7 in the morning complaining about being tired and sore after 10 hours of practice, a show, and a six hour bus ride the day before. Well it's nothing that ten extra laps won't cure. Get to it!

Sing it, brother! I couldn't agree more.

And extra laps work for everything related to bad attitudes and tour burnout. It's like the t-shirt, "The firings will continue until morale improves."

You know what INT's members do when they get from one show to another? Well, I don't know, as I've never witnessed that. But I'm sure we would all be impressed.

Equally impressive is INT's ability to time travel between Houston and Dallas last night and again tonight. I'm surprised no one mentioned that yet. To those that were at either site, how did they do?

INT's show is mad easy. I could march their show when I was in 9th grade, that's a fact. I don't even need to put on a uniform to tell you that. I wish they would challenge themselves more. Come on. I know this for a fact because I marched the Cavaliers for 4 years.*

*I did not actually march the Cavaliers.

I lol'd.

Sing it, brother! I couldn't agree more.

And extra laps work for everything related to bad attitudes and tour burnout. It's like the t-shirt, "The firings will continue until morale improves."

You know what INT's members do when they get from one show to another? Well, I don't know, as I've never witnessed that. But I'm sure we would all be impressed.

Equally impressive is INT's ability to time travel between Houston and Dallas last night and again tonight. I'm surprised no one mentioned that yet. To those that were at either site, how did they do?

INT has copied the time honored tradition of splitting the corps up so that the corps can be at 2 shows siumultaneously.

It's sort of the the 4th of July parades. You can send the full Corps to 2 parades to get $ 800.per parade, ( $1600 ) or send half the Corps to 4 parades to get $800. per parade. ( $3200).

INT was at Dallas and Houston simultaneously yesterday. And doubled their appearance fees from DCI.

There's no flies at INT. (... well, maybe a few, here and there)

Edited by BRASSO

INT has copied the time honored tradition of splitting the corps up so that the corps can be at 2 shows siumultaneously.

It's sort of the the 4th of July parades. You can send the full Corps to 2 parades to get $ 800.per parade, ( $1600 ) or send half the Corps to 4 parades to get $800. per parade. ( $3200).

INT was at Dallas and Houston simultaneously yesterday. And doubled their appearance fees from DCI.

There's no flies at INT. (... well, maybe a few, here and there)

After last weekend's performance at Orlando, INT can play all night.