The Official INT 2009 Discussion thread

I concur. Personally I'm not a fan of INT's show this year...the first part of the show is so out of tune, all the sounds from the instruments actually cancel each other out! The rest of the show is just full of interpretive dance, with the hornline pretending they're mimes! Geeeesh... :thumbdown:

Edited by NCSU_Crown

Folks, we're missing the bigger picture. When is INT going to make it into the DCI Countdown?

DCI has to put them on the ballot first. But as usual when it comes to INT, we havn't seen or heard a thing.

That said, does anybody know if INT is scheduled to do an encore this year ? That would be a sight for sore eyes.

One of the shows I went to last year said " Clsng. Ceremon. " in the program book would finish. But I had to leave early and so I missed them. Are they from Canada ?

One of the shows I went to last year said " Clsng. Ceremon. " in the program book would finish. But I had to leave early and so I missed them. Are they from Canada ?

Probably woulda been their alumni corps, scheduled to perform.

Sad story, with those guys. If memory serves (and at my age, it often doesn't), Clsng. Ceremon. rose up out of the hardscrabble, "On The Waterfront" setting of Garwood, New Jersey in the 1950s. Garwood is located about 5 miles west of Bayonne, and it's a place that in Clsng.'s heyday (if there was such a thing) was so hardscrabble tough that it had an "On The Waterfront" vibe going even though there is no waterfront, no ocean port, no lake, no river, not even a creek on the map, in Garwood.

Concerned that local teenagers were being driven into motorcycle gangs by the lack of a waterfront on which to rumble, Fr. Msgr. Francis X. 'Rheumy' Humphback started Clsng. Ceremon. Drum & Bugle Corps out of the gymnasium at the Our Lady Of The Evening Catholic Church back around 1955. Recruiting was a tough slog because, you see, the church had no money for instruments, and kids had to play kazoos and beat on metal pails. But Rheumy slogged on, against all odds. At their first drum corps competition in Jersey City, Clsng. Ceremon. scored a DQ for improper instrumentation. Undaunted, Clsng. Ceremon. showed up the next week at the show in Elizabeth, and saw the same kind of score stagnation that INT has suffered this season.

The following week was supposed to be Clsng. Ceremon.'s home show. Rheumy pinned all his hopes on this show, because with ticket sales he could buy some horns and drums. Unfortunately, fate took its all-too-common grim hand where drum corps is concerned. The nuns who taught English in the parochial school at Our Lady Of The Evening were incensed at the striking stupidity, the indefatigable incompetence, of the name Rheumy had chosen for his corps. That name violates, as nuns would know, every style rule in the book, by abbreviating an eight letter word down to its first seven letters. As the corps formed up to march in and perform the national anthem, the incensed nuns broke ranks. Knowing from their hardscrabble "On The Waterfront" vibe that that was not acceptable, the members of Clsng. Ceremon. fought back, beating the good sisters with their contra kazoos and rusty pails. But alas, they were no match for infuriated nuns armed with rulers. The sisters kicked the crap out of Clsng. Ceremon. The show was canceled, and Rheumy had to refund the tickets. The members of Clsng. Ceremon., to a boy, quit the corps in rebellious disgust and tried to join motorcycle gangs. Most of them couldn't get in. They didn't have hogs. Rheumy half-heartedly pledged to try to raise money to help them, but died broken-hearted before the first bake sale.

This ranks right up there, Paint. Great job.

Chuck Norris auditioned for INT in his teen days, but unfortunately did not make it. That just shows how beastly INT is!

INT sucks. I hope they fold.

INT really has been going down the toilet lately.

Well, with so many fans going to the restroom during INT, what would you expect?

INT sucks. I hope they fold.
INT really has been going down the toilet lately.

you guys have no respect for the performers out there

remember they are working hard to put out (haha) a product for YOU to enjoy

and all you guys do is complain?

can you do better?

no

you may not like everything int does, but just keep your mouths shut about it

if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2