I dunno about you,

Maybe we should wait to see what the Cadets have to offer on the field before people start assuming anything.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should wait to see what the Cadets have to offer on the field before people start assuming anything.

Perhaps I should remind you of what site we're on.

What... you've been on DCP for a week and a day. Unless you have done that much reading in a week. Then you need to get a life.

I've been around for about 4 years now.

Edited by Octavarium

Wow! a (mostly) positive thread! Cool!

(with the standard d-bags taking swipes at cadets.. no shocker there).

anyway,

I am excited as can be. cannot WAIT to see this years shows.

One of my great friends and former students made BAC this year. I am highly anticipating that!

I am (as always) anticipating Blue Devils more than anything, but cannot wait for ALL of the shows.

Good luck corps members! especially you age-outs. Max it out, Ram some beats (or do whatever horn and guard equivalent of "ramming" is) and bring it home!

t

Pretty much goes for everyone, eh? FWIW, having been a critic of Cadets one more than one occasion, I'd really like an opportunity to see their show sometime this summer. Too bad they're not coming west.

And, for the record, I'm not a Cadet basher. There are way more things I like about this corps (and drum corps in general) than what I dislike. There are things about most corps I can be critical of, but I agree that Cadets seem to be a lightning rod here. Someone needs to do something REALLY crazy to get the spotlight (and/or microscope) off the Cadets!

Here's to a great summer for everyone, and especially our age-outs!

Garry in Vegas

There are things about most corps I can be critical of, but I agree that Cadets seem to be a lightning rod here. Someone needs to do something REALLY crazy to get the spotlight (and/or microscope) off the Cadets!

I believe there will be. Someone's gonna take advantage of some rule changes &/or bend the rules by possibly using other kinds of non-traditional drum corps instruments. Maybe a kazoo section, or go STOMP style and use random objects and beat on them, or even play a solo thru a garden hose! Be creative people!

Any takers as to who might do it??

I've been around for about 4 years now.

Wow, that long?

:tongue: Sorry, couldn't resist. No malice intended. Just sounds funny at my age.

I'll be at souvie stands in June. I support Drum Corps despite any conditions.

Like others, I'm excited to see what's up this year at INT. ( I hope there's not much standing around, too much talking, etc)

I intend to keep tabs on INT this season on my computer screen via Fan Network too. Like you Perry, I support Drum Corps despite any conditions as well.

Edited by BRASSO