Synthesizers in drum corps

Anyone else see this as a complete oxymoron?

Yep.... :thumbup:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else see this as a complete oxymoron?

o yeah.....took me a while but I see it now. The whole not replacing a hornline but then it did part?... But I think it was the Colts show in Allentown when the hornline played right after the synth and it was pretty much identical which for some reason impressed the judge behind me.

same spot made me think "oh wow the horns could have just played it all?"

same spot made me think "oh wow the horns could have just played it all?"

How dare you demand being a drum corps and not pressing the easy button! :blink:

How dare you demand being a drum corps and not pressing the easy button! :blink:

So anyone here swearing off drum corps due to the addition of technology? Any of you people have the guts to walk away now that the activity is not what you want it to be? Are electronics as bad as you thought they'd be, or are they "tolerable?"

Just curious to see who's leaving, or who's sticking around to (continue to) complain :devil:

So anyone here swearing off drum corps due to the addition of technology? Any of you people have the guts to walk away now that the activity is not what you want it to be? Are electronics as bad as you thought they'd be, or are they "tolerable?"

Just curious to see who's leaving, or who's sticking around to (continue to) complain :blink:

I already have. After seeing the horrible use of just amping the pit I wanted no part in watching the corps go down this road. Haven't been to a show all year.

Just curious to see who's leaving, or who's sticking around to (continue to) complain :blink:

It's very hard to mentally check out of something you've enjoyed most of your life. I'm still curious who wins, etc. But 99% of my $$$$$upport checked out after 2003.

Did someone say...

THE EASY BUTTON!!! :devil:

You don't give up on something simply because it pisses you off. You don't give up on drum corps because you don't care for synths. You just don't give up. Can't give up on kids either.

yeah i know...call me an old fuddy duddy at 40