OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

Interesting spin on the uniform.

While I do like the red addition to the uniform, the sash material looks like it was bought at Jo-Ann Fabric store. I figured it would look more like a manufactured uniform sash (sort of like 88-02), instead of a loose looking piece of fabric. ,There was a picture of a pose with part of the corps turning their backs (3/4 turn) to the audience and their body is leaning towards the end zone side 2; in that picture it looks like the corps has a full cape from the top of the back, down to the bottom of the sash. If that was the intention, than I think the length of sash is justified.

I do like the color guard uni's. Its creative, very out of the ordinary, and has a good color scheme, and has the lightning rods near the upper thighs. I'm wondering if they wear the full body uniform the entire show? On the other hand I'm not sure why the guard looks like a Mexican Wrestler, unless Relampago was a wrestler by day and a superhero by night.

VIVA Relampago!

Edited by valvedtpt

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm diggin' the RED ! Nothing say's "POW" like RED and GREEN !

Bill

"POW"

Hey, Bill, I purchased a copy of the Scouts' cookbook last night. I didn't know you were the Iron Chef!

Like the title on the cover, too.

Play Loud

Eat Great

Seems like good advice to me! Only $10 at the souvie stand.

Hey, Bill, I purchased a copy of the Scouts' cookbook last night. I didn't know you were the Iron Chef!

Like the title on the cover, too.

Play Loud

Eat Great

Seems like good advice to me! Only $10 at the souvie stand.

Jim, You know that I am now a Round Belly Scout ! I been workin' on gettin' in shape sence I stopped marching, and doin' a pretty good job at it to !

Bill

"POW"

hmmmm..I like the red but it looks like a bit too much red and they way its cut, it looks kind of sloppy, cheap, not very professional

still excited to see them and maybe it's just the pictures and not how it looks on the field

I'm still laughing my ### off over here. Those guard uniforms are both hilarious and pure awesomeness at the same time. They're so flippin cool that i'm practically giddy with excitement on them getting before the masses. I don't think I'll ever NOT chuckle when I see them. LOVE IT!!!

POW!!!

I do like the color guard uni's. Its creative, very out of the ordinary, and has a good color scheme, and has the lightning rods near the upper thighs. I'm wondering if they wear the full body uniform the entire show?

Based on the dress rehearsal yesterday, the guard keeps the full body uniform on the entire show. They do not wear the mask the entire time though. Note that the dress rehearsal did not include the drill for the final movement, so there might be something coming that I didn't see.

Hard to tell about the sash unless I can see them live while they're moving. I will see them this Saturday night in Stillwater.

I should add, I like the upgrades to the uni. The guard outfit rocks!