OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

Well........improved score tonight in AL, but the problem is that the Men of Madison are still not able to close the spread and they remain in limbo holding pattern Hades with Spirit still ahead of them this evening.

If the boy's and their proverbial "big ax's" don't show up soon to start making some serious head way score wise.......and it's really a must within the next few shows!........then we'll have to start talking about act of God kind of stuff!

Edited by Mad75

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't happen. There aren't any left. They're already marching in Devils, Cadets, Cavies, Crown, Boston, Bluecoats, BK, BS, Glassmen, SCV, ......
All of the aforementioned corps being ahead of Madison. Perhaps next year the first priority should be a spandex clad, prancing male performing artist. I already applied for the job in another thread, however I look rather hideous in spandex...

Well........improved score tonight in AL, but the problem is that the Men of Madison still are not able to close the spread and remain in limbo holding pattern with Spirit! still ahead of them this evening.

If the the boy's and their proverbial "big ax's" don't show up soon and start making some serious head way within the next few shows, then we'll have to start talking about act of God kind of stuff!

2.35 is the current spread from 12th to 17th

12 80.350 Troop

13 80.200 Colts

14 80.050 Academy

15 78.500 Crossmen

16 78.100 Spirit

17 78.000 Scouts

Still getting plastered in Visual GE and ensemble. Guard went down a full point.

Won't happen. There aren't any left. They're already marching in Devils, Cadets, Cavies, Crown, Boston, Bluecoats, BK, BS, Glassmen, SCV, ......
All of the aforementioned corps being ahead of Madison. Perhaps next year the first priority should be a spandex clad, prancing male performing artist. I already applied for the job in another thread, however I look rather hideous in spandex...

... and the lucky performing artist will don the big butterfly wings and run aimlessly around the field and die a slow, sad death at the end of the show... in some statement thing that only means something to the choreographer. And all the people in the stands will be: "Well... ok... yeah. That was... nice, I guess. Do I applaud now?"

:satisfied:

I'm just back at 2:00AM from two days of shows in Murfreesboro. I was so excited to see the Scouts. (now what do I write so I don't upset everyone). My excitment quickly faded. In days gone by I used to blame the judges when the scores didn't reflect what I thought Madison should have scored. I don't know about the numbers, but last night at Murfreesboro they placed where they should have.

Fresh off 3 days of practice I was really hoping to see and hear some great stuff. It just didn't happen last night. It is good to know that the ending last night was new, because visually it looked very dirty. Drum line had a moment during the show and I'm not a drummer, but that moment was bad. Guard I thought pulled off some great unison work. I did think the guard is in the Replago costume too long.

I wonder what the average age of the corps is now. The guys looked very young, especially the guard. With the guard guys being so small/thin, it's kinda hard to pull off the superhero look if you know what I'm saying.

I am hoping Madison can turn it around, but in all reality they have one week to get it done. Last week they were 14th in San Antonio, if they go the wrong direction in Atlanta and yes right now they are 17th if you combine both nights of the Murfreesboro scores, they are in trouble.

I don't want everyone to think I'm bashing here, I'm just offering my opinion and what I saw. Madison is my favoriate corps, but folks unless you have seen this show it's hard to explain just what is wrong at Madison. Bottom line all the wishful thinking in the world won't fix this show. I know how hard corps members work, but Madison is just not execuiting the way they need to to be able to place in the Top 12.

... and the lucky performing artist will don the big butterfly wings and run aimlessly around the field and die a slow, sad death at the end of the show... in some statement thing that only means something to the choreographer. And all the people in the stands will be: "Well... ok... yeah. That was... nice, I guess. Do I applaud now?"

:tongue:

What?....are you auditioning for Show Coordinator!!

What?....are you auditioning for Show Coordinator!!

no... LOL... just seen that butterfly thing once or twice or a million times now.

I'm a drummer... give me the big ending... with the drumline standing on the front sidelines wailing ###... arms flying everywhere... and accent notes that are heard 10 miles away. The hornline blowing blood vessels in their heads blowing away right behind them... holding the last note at 800db for 90 seconds... and the crowd with their hands over their heads flipping out and yelling so loud you can't hear the corps anymore.

Don't give me a dying butterfly... LOL

IMPORTANT small print: I have no idea if the Scouts character performer will be doing the butterfly wings or whatever at all. I doubt it. I was just making the "every other corps for the last 20 years has put a butterfly in their show that dies at the end" statement... for the fun of it.

This is fun, #### it. So have fun. :tongue:

Edited by GGarrett

no... LOL... just seen that butterfly thing once or twice or a million times now.

I'm a drummer... give me the big ending... with the drumline standing on the front sidelines wailing ###... arms flying everywhere... and accent notes that are heard 10 miles away. The hornline blowing blood vessels in their heads blowing away right behind them... holding the last note at 800db for 90 seconds... and the crowd with their hands over their heads flipping out and yelling so loud you can't hear the corps anymore.

Don't give me a dying butterfly... LOL

IMPORTANT small print: I have no idea if the Scouts character performer will be doing the butterfly wings or whatever at all. I doubt it. I was just making the "every other corps for the last 20 years has put a butterfly in their show that dies at the end" statement... for the fun of it.

This is fun, #### it. So have fun. :tongue:

Hey, even if you don't get hired, it sounds like you would make a fine Show Coordinator. I'll let you know how I do at the prancing male performing artist auditions!

:tongue:

Except for the butterfly, hasn't Madison already tried the exotic crawling animal theme ?

And as for doing " some statement thing that only means something to the choreographer where all the people in the stands will be...well... ok....yeah. That was nice, I guess. Do I applaud now ? "............Isn't this pretty much what Madison is doing THIS year and then getting for their crowd response ?

Edited by BRASSO

Nah. I think the "problem" this year is much more fundamental and much less esoteric than your prancer in spandex:

Show Design and Concept - I haven't seen them since early July and things can change a lot, But, what I saw then was a great deal of promise with the opener (Malaga). But then the rest of the show didn't flow, i.e. didn't go anywhere.

Drill - Staging was poor. Drill was poor. Left me wondering what the design team was doing, or if they were up to the task of writing drill for a top 12 corps, to be frank.

Guard ...... reminded me of 2002. I"ll leave it at that.

Brass and percussion seem to me to clearly have the talent to perform whatever the show designers put in front of them. They don't seem to be the problem.

SUMMARY - IMO this year's struggles are on the show designers and staff. You let the kids down, and they deserve better, much better. My opinons only. Flame away -