Phantom Uniform Pics

well, I like what the uniform will look like on the field, as I already explained in previous posts. But I also think it is too generic.

like I said, it will look great from a distance, on the field.... read my other posts...

what the remark " good thing there is not a 'too generic' caption" was referring to is this. While wanting to maintain an identity, caption heads/designers know that the uniform has a large impact on how the corp looks from the stands. I think they wanted to find a slim, and consistent look. Unfortunately with white uniforms, the designers had to get rid of the black sash and many little contrasting (black) ornaments here and there. So since there is not a 'uniform caption' , they thought it would be worth it to lose some individualism.

none of my posts are meant to be condescending.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they could come out butt-### naked for all i care! as long as they march and play perfection personified...i'll be happy.

:rolleyes::colgate:

That would be rather distracting!

:rolleyes::cool:

:rolleyes::colgate:

That would be rather distracting!

:rolleyes::cool:

I'm surprised VK never tried anything like that.....or maybe I missed it.

Edited by hrnguy500

I'm surprised VK never tried anything like that.....or maybe I missed it.

I think INT did, but I'm not entirely sure...

excellent explanation! I'll take it one step further and say...it looks like a stocked uniform from catalog ABC, jut choose your preferedschool color combination for that 'custom look'.

Absolutely!!! That's exactly what I was thinking.

probably not the best time to resurrect the Bacchanale from Samson and Delilah, egh?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :tongue: :tongue: :devil: :devil: :tongue: :tongue:

This is, after all, a family activity....

Hmmm... I like the nods towards the late 80s look, especially in the chevrons.... I'm surprised at the lack of shoulder wings, but don't mind it. I definitely like the collar... Not digging the gray trim that terminates behind the sash, or the buttons on the front... they seem a little superfluous.

There's things I like about them, there are things I don't... I do thing they'll look better from up top than the previous uniforms, in terms of the overall cut of the jackets.

Overall, I like them... especially glad they went with white.

I agree they appear slimmer, more consistent, better from up top bla bla bla.

Cesario seems to be going away from shoulder flaps and instead doing more blocky shoulder pads. I like them both for different reasons but the only way to pull off the shoulder pad in my eyes is to have an abrupt change between the shoulder and arm. This uni seems to almost accomplish that but I want to see it in person before deciding.

I too would like to see a little color but more along the lines of the gold last year. That accent characterized the unis a bit but didn't change the overall look dramatically. I second the thought of this being designed as a "blank canvas" but I think it looks great by itself. The DM is going to look sick :)

I disagree with those crying bando. I don't know where that idea comes from, maybe that there are so many uniforms out there that some have elements of others? Regardless, it isn't a bando uniform. If I marched in that uniform back in high school, it would be the craziest thing ever.