Phantom Uniform Pics

Very cool uni. Maybe my phav Phantom uni in a phew years. My guess is something colorful gets added come Atlanta time.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always funny for me to see people who marched DCI in the past 6 or 7 years refer to others, pejoratively, as bandos. Whether or not you agree that it's ALL marching band, it's ALL still pretty geeky.

Anyway, I like the uniform a lot. I have yet to see a DCI uniform that isn't pretty corny anywhere, but this one really works for the corps, IMO.

For all those crying "this looks bando," what makes a uniform look bando? Cause I'm pretty sure there's not a giant flute or clarinet pic on it what would suggest "band." I've seen some band uniforms that look sharp as hell.

I think (at least to me) its just because it looks a little too generic. Yeah, we have the Phantom chevron and their helmets, but for me, corps uniform designs seem to be more distinctive. At least for me, that's what makes a uniform look "bando."

I agree. I had my hesitations when just the torso was shown, as I thought it was too busy. Looks like that's just an effect of the way the picture was cropped, though. The full body picture show a much classier uniform, one that I think is going to look very crisp on the field.

I do agree with others that a little more color would be nice, but that's one of the beautiful things of using white. The uniform is essentially a canvas, and the corps can add different accents every year to match their show, as they've done the past two seasons. I'm hoping for something red this year.

so did i at first. it is Cesario after all. i was bracing myself for all kinds of crazy.

i still think it needs a stripe down the outside of the pants...maybe continuing the grey/silver?

Edited by chaos001

I think these might be a little bit more "slimming" than the old ones. Occasionally I thought the, now old ones, were a little chunky on even the slimmer members.