Tme for an "educated" guess?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Blue Devils - if I remember correctly they had a lot of young blood last year and with a lot of vets coming back off of a disappointing 2nd place finish, I think BD will be really hungry for victory this year. Score: 98.60

2. Phantom Regiment - hearing good things and I think they will be a strong 2nd this year, but not enough for BD. Score: 97.95

3. Carolina Crown - this I believe is the prelude year to a Crown championship (finish 3rd and win at least one caption, gain some competitive inertia???) Score: 96.90

4. Cavaliers - Just don't see it this year. No more Fiedler, no more Saucedo now (I think?) It will take a year or two for them to get back. Score: 94.55

5. Cadets - Yeah, there seems to be a whole lot of momentum for this show, and they probably won't use much narration, but I feel like the percussion thing is being overlooked. No more Aungst and Larrivee and they aged out a lot of people in the drumline, right? Score: 94.25

6. Blue Stars - I think they will open a lot of eyes this year and snag 6th place. This corps is really on the rise. They won't be too far away from Cadets and Cavies. Score: 93.75

7. Bluecoats - I'm guessing that the hornline will really be pulling the corps this year. Percussion will place significantly lower with the staff turnover. I feel like the Bluecoats really need to find their identity. Score: 92.45

8. Santa Clara Vanguard - Yeah I'm putting them in 8th place, but with Fiedler there, I think this is rock bottom for them. After this, I think they will really turn things around. Score: 92.20

9. Blue Knights - I actually really enjoy their shows but I don't see them moving up competitively with their design. Score: 89.25

10. Crossmen - The surprise finalist corps this year. I think this will be a strong year for them. Score: 88.35

11. Madison Scouts - Still not the Madison of old but they move up one spot this year. Score: 86.85

12. Glassmen - Haven't really paid much attention to them, but I don't see them falling out of finals. Score: 86.25

This means that Boston will be out of finals. My reason for that is because they seemed to start out really strong last year and then they really fell off at the end. I feel like when that happens to a corps, it makes for a tough season the year after.

Anyway, those are my finals predictions. I realize they will all probably be very wrong. I put scores so I could sort of group corps without actually having to write it out in the descriptions.

1. Cavaliers

2. Phantom Regiment

3. Garfield Cadets

4. Blue Devils

5. Crown

6. SCV

7. Blue Stars

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue Coats

10. Madison

11. Boston

12. Troopers

13. Glassmen

14. Crossmen

15. Colts

16. Spirit

17. Academy

18. Pacific Crest

19. Jersey

20. Mandarins

21. Pioneer

22. Cascades

1-HOLY NAME -75th and WSS. very hard music.Cadets always do well when they make the impossible possible.

2-BD -cant put them lower ...both retro shows in top 2 good for DCI

3-Crown -nice clip ,stalled a bit but happy in top 3 .

4-Phantom -cant replay sparticus. no way.

5-Cavies -new brass writer needs a year to gel

6-SCV -App spring rocks. its the year for classic drum corps

7-Bluecoats-lost drum staff to crossmen ,been sliding since they beat every corps early in 2007.

8- blue stars-not sure , could be much lower.maybe 10th.

9-Blue Knights- If they can play and march Sylvester's drill?

10-Crossmen -BC drum staff , will fight with BK all season .

11-Madison -POW or flop , could be out. guard will be better could not be worse. gift in 2008.

12-Glassmen -a change of style for them and a change in placement .faded in 2008.

-----------------

13-Boston -came out strong and faltered in 2008 takes a lot out of a corps

14-Colts -might pass BAC (Miami ) and glassmen.

15-Spirit- theme lacks intensity.

16-Troopers-like the idea's if they have the horses

17-Academy-back to where they should be.

------------------------------------------

18-Pacific Crest-will fight with academy

19-Pioneer-a move up YES !

20-Mandarins-

21-Cascades

22-surf-new boy with little tour and little rehearsal time.

1. Holy Name (Birthday Bump, "No" voice, Bernstein - what's bad about that?)

2. Phantom (It's always hard to follow up a show like Spartacus though)

3. Cavies (This is kinda like "glass" place now, except it's for the Green machine)

4. BD (Honestly don't know a lot about their show. IMO I thought "absurdity" was a little over-rated. Please don't hate me)

5. Crown (They can only improve so much before they falter. And having a show about all closers is pretty impossible to improve on from a design point of view)

6. Santa Clara (They want revenge on Coats for last year)

7. Bluecoats (Imagine will either make them phenomenal or make them lose a little. I've heard some very abstract things about their show and I'll be interested to see how it plays out on the field)

8. Blue Stars

9. BK

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Colts (They want back in the top 12 soooo bad)

12. Troopers (Bigger guard, improved show design, drill, and music will make them a contender for saturday)

Huge Bias and quite irrational rankings towards the bottom. Honestly, I want Troop to make top 12 just so America's Core 2 won't be a disappointing movie to watch.

4. Devils- I think the Devils were onto something last year with the WGI show. It looks like they are moving away from that. Good! I just wish they would march more steps and play more notes.( Really I can't imagine BD out of the top 3 next year)

Were you watching the same show? I've watched a lot of DC and that ones one of the sickest shows in terms of difficulty.

Were you watching the same show? I've watched a lot of DC and that ones one of the sickest shows in terms of difficulty.

I've seen a show or two in my day. BD was exciting NOT difficult.

1) Cadets - As long as they shut up.

2) Crown - Will be 1 if Cadets Open their mouths

3) BD - How Can they not be in the top 3?

4) Cavies - They will be divided this year

5) Phantom- Drum major survives the show. The score drops.

6) SCV- Another year with Jeff does them wonders

7) Blue Stars - Don't shoot the messenger.

8) Blue Coats- Staffing Changes impact drop

9) Crossmen- Stick some fangs in bones!

10) Madison Scouts- Look up in the sky, its a bird, its a plane, its a super scout!

11) Blue Knights- What was that show again???

12) Boston- New director, New show, Still playing Conquest

13) Glassmen- The secret of their show will be revealed soon. Does anyone really care?

14) Colts- Would have made finals if......I can't say, but you guys would of made finals perhaps even top 10 without that issue.

15) Jersey Surf - Look out for the Open Class Corps, they're good folks

16) Spirit- Until they put a show out with some intensity I can't rank them higher

17) The Academy -Moving on up?

18) The troopers -A little Burst anyone?

19+Up and back and up and back

Could be the most true justification ever.

1) Crown

2) Cadets

3) BD

4)Phantom

5)Cavaliers

6) Bloo

7) SCV

8) Blue Stars

9) Madison

10) Blue Knights

11) Boston

12) Crossmen

I've seen a show or two in my day. BD was exciting NOT difficult.

How can you possibly find that to be true? You didn't march the show. BD is in the business of making hard things look easy.