The Cadets' Meteorologist

I don't understand some of you out there in DCP-land. How can anyone have anything negative to say about a person who is VOLUNTEERING his own time AND EXPERTISE to a corps? I wonder if these same people are so inconsiderate and egocentric as to complain that the car they were given for their graduation present was the wrong color rather than show appreciation and maturity by simply saying "thank you" and realizing how lucky they are! GROW UP!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just leading to the next logical step, the meteorologist figures out that the rain is coming in the next hour, gets the information to the person responsible for planning where various equipment is at what times, and thus helps facilitate avoiding such disasters.

I was just trying to humorously simplify the process!

I'd like to see some you guys try to forecast the weather. Jeez if it were easy everyone would do it. Ever been in the corn belt around this time of year? If you have you would know how dangerous it can be if you aren't paying attention.

you can't go wrong with www.noaa.gov if you do happen to be monitoring the weather.

bitterness off :blink:

What a fantastic idea this young man came up with. Reminds me of Paul Douglas from Minnesota, who owns several companies associated with Meteorology and is a multimillionaire. The sky is the limit for this young man and his great ideas.

I got the impression that the intern would be working from home (Johnstown), but others here seem to think he is on the road with the corps. Anyone know the deal?

I think he'll be stationed in Johnstown or somewhere near. I don't believe he'll be on tour but he'll have direct contact with whoever needs the info at the Cadets. When you think about it, it is one less thing a corps director or whoever has to do....looking at the radar for half the day.

I don't understand some of you out there in DCP-land. How can anyone have anything negative to say about a person who is VOLUNTEERING his own time AND EXPERTISE to a corps? I wonder if these same people are so inconsiderate and egocentric as to complain that the car they were given for their graduation present was the wrong color rather than show appreciation and maturity by simply saying "thank you" and realizing how lucky they are! GROW UP!!

hey, i praised Hop for this...when the hell was the last time I did that???

Can someone please explain to me why this is necessary or useful?

Yes, it's going to rain occasionally. Rehearse anyway. Keep your cute little amps and synth out of the rain.

Yes, it's going to thunderstorm occasionally. Rehearse inside.

Most days it's going to be hot. Keep the kids hydrated.

I'm not trying to knock the kid and I am a huge Cadets fan but this just seems unnecessary to me. A corps with their very own Al Roker.

This seems akin to calling a lunch-lady a school nutrition coordinator. Making something sound more important than it actually is. Or creating a position just to create a position.

I'm thinking exactly the same thing. Why is this needed at all?

Some of you must have no experience on the administrative side of things.

How does this help though? It seems like he just created a position that nobody needed just for the sake of having something to put on his resume.

I got the impression that the intern would be working from home (Johnstown), but others here seem to think he is on the road with the corps. Anyone know the deal?

From the article linked on the first page:

“Using these tools, I'll be able to post text and picture updates from my cell phone about the weather on the road,” Moore said. “Each night around midnight I publish the next day's forecast. I use a number of resources that other meteorologists use, including numerous computer weather models that help me make a forecast. When I publish the forecasts on the site, I also forward it to a few staff members of the corps to whom the weather forecast is relevant. When I'm on the road, I'll also be giving updates via phone and text to staff if severe weather is on the way.

As for what to expect when joins the Cadets on the road, Moore said he’s up for pitching in any way he can help.