Open Class Predictions

No bias here. I simply posted on this thread that without putting the corps in competition with any of the top 10 DCA units at least once before the actual championships, that MBI would stand very little or any chance of overtaking the frontrunner at DCA's. Another poster responded to my comments by indicating that MBI came in second. I of course replied that second place is NOT winning....which of course it is not. For the record, I wouldn't mind seeing a non-Eastern corps capture the championship or ANY corps for that matter, to break this 4 year long run by the Bucs. As much as I respect the Bucs, another corps winning every now and then would be good for the circuit. But that will have to be decided in head to head competition, which unfortunately the non-Eastern corps find rather prohibitive.

a win isnt always first place. sometimes you win while losing

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one really like reading all the hype and heated responses. It's kind of like the buildup to a Wrestle-Mania event on PPV. If some people get their panties in a bunch because someone "from" another corps says that their corps is the best, then those people need to switch to boxers and take a self-help class.

As a fan, I am excited to hear a little noise as of late. It was WAY TOO quiet all winter. Now it sounds like several corps are revving up to take it to the limit this season. Call it hype or whatever you want, I call it passion for drum corps and that is a good thing.

Speaking of passionate fans, I would like to ask friends of Jeff Rodenkrauch (you may only know him as Cooter) to have a good thought for him. He is going through some "issues" right now (nuff said). He has been a great fan of drum corps for many years and certainly knows how to take it to the limit. I know he will be fine and I look forward to running into him in the lot at some shows this summer.

Can't wait for this season to begin! Hope everyone brings their A game and is ready to go toe to toe!

I for one really like reading all the hype and heated responses. It's kind of like the buildup to a Wrestle-Mania event on PPV. If some people get their panties in a bunch because someone "from" another corps says that their corps is the best, then those people need to switch to boxers and take a self-help class.

As a fan, I am excited to hear a little noise as of late. It was WAY TOO quiet all winter. Now it sounds like several corps are revving up to take it to the limit this season. Call it hype or whatever you want, I call it passion for drum corps and that is a good thing.

Speaking of passionate fans, I would like to ask friends of Jeff Rodenkrauch (you may only know him as Cooter) to have a good thought for him. He is going through some "issues" right now (nuff said). He has been a great fan of drum corps for many years and certainly knows how to take it to the limit. I know he will be fine and I look forward to running into him in the lot at some shows this summer.

Can't wait for this season to begin! Hope everyone brings their A game and is ready to go toe to toe!

I couldn't agree more..... passion for the activity and standing up for your corps is often called drama here and put down....

I couldn't agree more..... passion for the activity and standing up for your corps is often called drama here and put down....

Or noise I am told

You said it, DCC !

I'm a huge college football fan. One of my pleasures at this time is reading all the Top 25 lists and analysis that start to appear about now, before a down is even played. This type of drum corps discussion builds excitement for me and gives me a chance to try and analyze what others have contributed.

ROLL TIDE!

the last prediction was like 50 post ago...

Oh how I love me some DCP.

you have much wisdom, grasshopper. take the pebble from my hand . . . . .

what, is the reference too old and obscure?

Nah just too soon to use it :(