cadets live

someone will get it...listen to that ending again. Do you hear a kitchen sink??? no

Do you hear everything else....I do!

Get it! :tongue:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fantastic show this is, and I'm going out on a limb here, but I think you guys just witnessed the 2009 champions. All the other corps will really need to be on their game based upon what I saw tonight from the Holy Name Cadets.

Edited by donbellamy

someone will get it...listen to that ending again. Do you hear a kitchen sink??? no

Do you hear everything else....I do!

Oh I got it, and yeah I agree, but isn't it great? Going to take some getting used to since I have probably listened to the '84 show at least 10,000 times over the last 25 years. The 1984 Cadets' show is still hands down the best drum corps show ever (IMHO). :)

Edited by donbellamy

Closer sounds like it's easily pushing 210 again... :)

Heh.

Just to get this out of the way. I have disliked WSS story for drum corps. Didn't really like it that much when any drum corps did it.

That said, I am REALLY looking forward to this show. From what I saw and heard last night, they seem to want to make up for last year. I am not gonna go out on limb like someone did earlier and say that they will win this year, but they d@mn well will be in the running. I will be seeing them in Annapolis next weekend and I am looking very forward to seeing the show.

As for the electronics/synths they are using, it seems like it fits right into the show so I am not disappointed one bit.

I agree about the 'kitchen sink' metaphor for the show ending. It seemed to be way too much, but hard to make a final judgment at the current performance level.

BTW, a member told me their run through last night was pretty stinky. So, what you saw was not only the usual early-June dirt, but also just a cruddy run through. I must say, if that was bad for early June Cadets, I can't wait to see it polished!

I agree about the 'kitchen sink' metaphor for the show ending. It seemed to be way too much, but hard to make a final judgment at the current performance level.

BTW, a member told me their run through last night was pretty stinky. So, what you saw was not only the usual early-June dirt, but also just a cruddy run through. I must say, if that was bad for early June Cadets, I can't wait to see it polished!

This is HARDLY anything new for the Cadets. Our first show in 2000, we were absolutely horrible. Needless to say, you know the rest.

This is HARDLY anything new for the Cadets. Our first show in 2000, we were absolutely horrible. Needless to say, you know the rest.

I remember when we did the first run-through before Gettysburg (when we didn't have drill past the playing-each-others-horn feature) and people were running off the field puking. And I remember during the show that night, I was just trying to stay alive and make it to the end haha!

The first show in 2005 was pretty horrific as well. Lots of problems with the amps, and we fell apart in quite a few places.

I remember when we did the first run-through before Gettysburg (when we didn't have drill past the playing-each-others-horn feature) and people were running off the field puking. And I remember during the show that night, I was just trying to stay alive and make it to the end haha!

The first show in 2005 was pretty horrific as well. Lots of problems with the amps, and we fell apart in quite a few places.

Yup, that's the one.

I can't wait to see how much they make this show better and better. And I am DEFINITELY lookin forward to seeing the drill to the closer (although I think they should take out those last couple notes and end on that chord).

Rattle smash BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by dbc03