Blue Stars and...

I understand your point. However, everything you enumerated didn't change the core essence of the activity. The changes in the last 10 years have done so...and seemingly all at once. So, with all due respect, i'm not over-reacting.

Yes and it use to say drum and bugle corps not B.O.A

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kept laughing out loud reading through the pages. Yeesh people, It is a piece of wood that you blow into!

Think for a second what drum corps is *really* about:

-learning

-leadership

-performance

-friendship

-personal development

-work ethic

None of that has changed.

What makes me laugh even harder... is that SO many of you have said....

"If we switch to B-Flat, I'm leaving the activity..."

"If they amp the front ensembles, I'm outta here!"

"Narration and Singing....Never going to a show again"

And here you are, years later, still involved with the activity, supporting it, going to shows and talking on DCP about it. Priceless.

:)

I kept laughing out loud reading through the pages. Yeesh people, It is a piece of wood that you blow into!

Think for a second what drum corps is *really* about:

-learning

-leadership

-performance

-friendship

-personal development

-work ethic

So is a hockey team. They're not the same thing. I don't expect to see a hockey team, or a band, when I go to a drum corps show.

What makes me laugh even harder... is that SO many of you have said....

"If we switch to B-Flat, I'm leaving the activity..."

"If they amp the front ensembles, I'm outta here!"

"Narration and Singing....Never going to a show again"

And here you are, years later, still involved with the activity, supporting it, going to shows and talking on DCP about it. Priceless.

:)

Actually I said none of those things until you get to narration and singing. I left at that point and haven't been back since 2005. Everything else since then has been just one more reason to stay away. I had hoped, with the success of Crown and PR last year that some sanity might return to DCI - but clearly I was being too optimistic.

Not much to laugh about here, I'm afraid....

btw...cant have Rhapsody without a clarinet.

who said that...you may want to apologize to the many corps that did Rhapsody WITHOUT a clarinet, and did it very well.

Like I said, I wouldn't condone a decrease in support because it is a big loss. But Blue Stars are gaining more and more fans all the time (and rightfully so), and he's going to be missing a hell of a drum corps show just because an encore that they'll occasionally play has a non-drum corps instrument in it. It's a senseless mistake by him. IMHO.

do you have facts to backup the bolded claim? My perception is that drum corps as a whole, and by extension, the Blue Stars, is/are losing fans. Hopefully I am wrong.

do you have facts to backup the bolded claim? My perception is that drum corps as a whole, and by extension, the Blue Stars, is/are losing fans. Hopefully I am wrong.

its just like when cadets started using amps and mics people hated the shows.