Vanguard Show

Odd though....they were only .2 down to BD in visual effect tonight. Doesn't say much for BD's drill.

Edited by flam control

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to be that this guy has been the root of their problems since 2005, and for whatever reason he can't seem to get the job done correctly.

Vanguard's visual design and execution has been one of the only categories that has been strong and consistent for them in the past few years.

Vanguard's visual design and execution has been one of the only categories that has been strong and consistent for them in the past few years.

Has it? It's been written way too hard for them, hindering performance in all captions. How does that make it strong?

Also, their visual effect scores haven't been all that high compared to everyone else. They might have had an "ooh and ahh" moment here and there, but most of the moves are Cavalier rip offs.

They were much stronger with Myron, without a doubt.

I don't think anybody is calling for Weber's job because I think most would agree that his drill the past few seasons have been tops if not top 2-3. But he should be able to design easy drill that is still effective and creative. This show seems to lack some of that Weber magic we've grown accustom to the past few years.

Maybe they're holding back for rewrites? :tongue:

I don't know what Scv's show is like this year but I just saw an INCREDIBLE video of their horn line from the Walnut show tonight (er well yesterday) and it gave me MAJOR goosebumps!!! They sound awesome!!!

saw a video on you-know-where of their brass warming up in the lot. seriously, i don't recall scv sounding so good as they do now. their new caption head must be doing wonders!

btw, thanks for the review Newseditor.

That's Andre, the guy can work wonders with hornlines. He'll have them all classically trained before the summer is done. Great teacher. I can't wait to hear the hornline live.

That's Andre, the guy can work wonders with hornlines. He'll have them all classically trained before the summer is done. Great teacher. I can't wait to hear the hornline live.

Me neither WOW!!!!!! :tongue::blink::smile: