Who will be this year's surprise Corps ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spirit beat Madison at the first show last year...

Colts were beating Bluestars for the first few weeks of the season last year too....

With an opening score in the low 60's for Spirit, Madison, and Colts I would not be jumping for joy if I were them.... it is extremely early though so no need to panic.

You do have a point, but if Spirit is doing okay right now--why not celebrate right now. Who knows if it will last? Also, yes Colts were beating BS for a few weeks last year and we do know how that ended up. What I am happy about though is that Spirit set the bar by being 15th and they went on first in their little grouping and wasn't really topped at all. Usually it takes a few viewings for judges to allow a non-finalist corps to score that closely to a finalist corps.

Again, as you've said"it is extremely early though so no need to panic."

Rock Out Spirit!!!!

SCV was hot last night!!!! I was full of chills and close to tears...

Academy might be a suprise...... very musical

In the open class... Only Gold was good so far

Spirit beat Madison at the first show last year...

Colts were beating Bluestars for the first few weeks of the season last year too....

With an opening score in the low 60's for Spirit, Madison, and Colts I would not be jumping for joy if I were them.... it is extremely early though so no need to panic.

There is MUCH more movement in the scores and placements in the Corps from night to night in the Corps below the top tier Corps. This happens most years. I think we'll see some head scratching scores from night to night again this year in this group as judges try and figure out what they like better.

Most years there is one Corps that surprises us in a positive way by doing much better placement wise than most people had anticipated before the year began. We can pretty much always expect The Cadets, BD, Cavs to be near the top, and Phantom to be knocking on the door every few years.

The Blue Stars seem to have been last year's " surprise Corps '"re. placement.

Who do we think will be this years positive " surprise Corps" re. placement wise come Finals.

Right now out of the 15 or so Corps that have competed, I don't see a " surprise Corps " placement wise in the mix as of yet. Some of these Corps no doubt might finish a couple of places better than last year, but nothing all that " surprising ".

Question: Do you see a " Surprise Corps" this year for us ? In other words, a Corps that you believe will finish at least 3 spots higher than they did last year ?

Boston. something about this year show. Not like the rest. Overall corp: Young exciting to watch next generation DCI champion.

If I had to say now I would guess Spirit. I saw them last night. Their hornline sound was amazing and they had some of the best feet of the night. much cleaner than Madison Scouts.

If they were fairly clean already compared to most they will get passed by the others when they clean. not a good sign.

Boston. something about this year show. Not like the rest. Overall corp: Young exciting to watch next generation DCI champion.

I liked my first showing from Boston. It looked to me like a show that has the capacity to add more stuff to it. Can they move up 3 spots.... from 10th to 7th ? My instincts say 7th might be a reach. They also need to demonstate that they don't peak too early which has been their rep. of late.

I liked my first showing from Boston. It looked to me like a show that has the capacity to add more stuff to it. Can they move up 3 spots.... from 10th to 7th ? My instincts say 7th might be a reach. They also need to demonstate that they don't peak too early which has been their rep. of late.

Do not forget they were a new corp last year 120 new and did a great job, They held together this year and added more people they will do fine.