Well you were wrong. I read it. :doh:

QUOTE (rayfallon @ Jun 24 2009, 03:48 PM)

C'est le guerre, i guess...

Wha.....? :doh:

I think it means..."Such is Life!"

Oh...my bad. I thought we were talking about Boston's guard uniforms...can anyone say...salad only for some folks at the kitchen trailer?

Eating disorders in drum corps for the sake of the performance: ok or not ok? Discuss.

Eating disorders in drum corps for the sake of the performance: ok or not ok? Discuss.

No...misread my comments. I apologize. Also, salad does not institute an eating disorder. Just let's be clear here.

The point of my comments is Boston's choice of guar uniform is appropriate for some of the guard people but not, at least in the early season for others.

And the very nature of drum corps can lead to eating disorders post corps life. No one can sustain the estimated 20,000 daily calorie loss a drum corps marching member goes through during the season.

So, they can eat as much after their time in corps, with far less exercise. This can lead to eating disorders.

But, this wasn't about that. This was about nudity and Boston's guar uniform choice.

I find the whole synth "debate" kind of ridiculous. It reminds me a lot of the Gay Marriage debate, actually.

"If we let gays get married, next we'll have to allow people to marry sheeps!"

"If we let synths into Drum Corps, we'll have to let in hookers!"

some say we already have :doh:

I find the whole synth "debate" kind of ridiculous. It reminds me a lot of the Gay Marriage debate, actually.

"If we let gays get married, next we'll have to allow people to marry sheeps!"

"If we let synths into Drum Corps, we'll have to let in woodwinds and strings and gay hookers!"

Right, because it's not possible to be against synths on their own merits. You can only be against sythns as part of being against all change.

Right, because it's not possible to be against synths on their own merits. You can only be against sythns as part of being against all change.

I just think people are freaking out in the same way they freak out about every change. Attendance has been pretty steady at around 30,000 people at finals for a good 30 years.

I actually think the folks that define their arguments against the use of synths in very narrow, well thought out contexts to be the most cogent of all in this debate.

This isn't about going back to Gs or symetrical drill or posting honor guards, this is simply judging each specific use of a newly allowed instrument. Some uses will be acceptable to some, some not. Overall, after the season, we can have a further debate regarding the totality of the uses of synthesizers in drum corps. I look forward to that discussion.