Rio Rancho Cantina

I had a very cool experience today when I went to see the Troopers briefly. There was a gentleman there watching and I walked up and introduced myself, expecting he was either an alum or parent. It turns out he marched in the mid-70's with the RoyalAirs and the Commodores, lives in Rio Rancho and heard about the show on the news so he came out to see some rehearsals. He hadn't been around drum corps in 30 years, and he was blown away. He was headed over to the show site to buy his tickets next.

Troopers have been on a pretty awful field for 2 days with lots of uneven holes and the grass looked pretty long. The turf is going to feel like velvet to them I bet!

It's going to be a good night, if we can just avoid that big black thunderstorm cloud I see forming over by Sandia Peak.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really surprised to see how many people here have Academy beating BK. Academy finished 9 spots (and almost 10 points) behind BK last season. Also, I see that nobody on here has predicted troop over Academy even though the troopers beat them at every show but one last season (atlanta) and finished two spots (and over 2.5 points) ahead of them at the end of the season.

Predicting Academy over troop is one thing, but predicting them over BK is a little much IMO..... we will know soon enough though.

I'm terrible with scores so i'll just predict placements

Santa Clara Vanguard

Bluecoats

Blue Knights

Troopers

Academy

My guess?

Bluecoats

Santa Clara

Blue Knights

Troopers

Academy

I think BK will be much closer to SCV than to Troopers or The Academy. But then, I'm a fan.

Gaw lee Matt, as soon as I get my post ready to predict u move it.... :smile: Hold it here for a minute so I can make my picks.... :smile:

I guess I'll take a guess... Haven't seen anyone yett, but this should be an interesting show....

My picks:

SCV- 74.450

Bluecoats- 72.750

Blue Knights- 70.750

Troopers- 67.500

Academy- 67.250

We'll see in a little while. Have fun to those of you that can make it to NM...

Wes P

BK '97 '98

I am really surprised to see how many people here have Academy beating BK. Academy finished 9 spots (and almost 10 points) behind BK last season. Also, I see that nobody on here has predicted troop over Academy even though the troopers beat them at every show but one last season (atlanta) and finished two spots (and over 2.5 points) ahead of them at the end of the season.

Predicting Academy over troop is one thing, but predicting them over BK is a little much IMO..... we will know soon enough though.

I completley agree with you - I think Troopers will be coming out of the gate strong tonight. Time will tell...