2009 Rankings

All I can say is Ding Ding! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate to say it. But why are the standings suddenly posted right after the show?

Because it is hard to post new standings before the show? :shutup:

Because it is hard to post new standings before the show? :smile:

You need to change your name to Slow (but quick with the whit)Adam

That was great :shutup::worthy: :worthy:

Thanks for the support, everyone.

I just love how freaking everything on DCP is a reason for someone to get exercised about something that's only going on between their ears and not anywhere else in drum corps land.

So many agendas, veiled comments, perceived conspiracies, so many prejudices on these boards... It's the main reason I don't visit all that much any more.

You people need to lighten up. It's only drum corps... it's a HOBBY.

I'm sure someone will do something more official with point moves and all that, but preliminarily, this is how it breaks down:

Open Class:

1 - 88.963 (.3) Buccaneers (Scranton, PA 8/1)

2 - 86.863 Hurricanes (Scranton, PA 8/1)

3 - 85.925 Minnesota Brass (Scranton, PA 8/1)

4 - 85.050 Caballeros (Scranton, PA 8/1)

5 - 83.850 Empire Statesmen (Scranton, PA 8/1)

6 - 83.463 Renegades (Dublin, CA 7/19)

7 - 82.713 Brigadiers (Waterloo, NY 8/1)

8 - 79.988 CorpsVets (Nashville, TN 8/1)

9 - 78.150 Bushwackers (Scranton, PA 8/1)

10 - 78.000 Music City Legend (Nashville, TN 8/1)

11 - 77.913 Alliance (Nashville, TN 8/1)

12 - 73.200 Crusaders (Waterloo, NY 8/1)

13 - 70.375 Kilties (Madison, WI 6/28)

Class A:

1 - 73.625 Grenadiers (Waterloo, NY 8/1)

2 - 73.000 Fusion Core (Waterloo, NY 8/1)

3 - 71.138 SoCal Dream (Dublin, CA 7/19)

4 - 70.738 (.2)Carolina Gold (Waterloo, NY 8/1)

5 - 65.500 Govenaires (Mankato, MN 6/22)

6 - 65.188 White Sabers (Waterloo, NY 8/1)

7 - 63.175 Kingsmen Sr (Dublin, CA 7/19)

8 - 63.100 Sun Devils (Nashville, TN 8/1)

9 - 59.700 Lakeshoremen (Nashville, TN 8/1)

10 - 57.788 Sunrisers (Waterloo, NY 8/1)

11 - 55.950 Shenandoah Sound (Nashville, TN 8/1)

12 - 52.925 Excelsior (Waterloo, NY 8/1)

Vigilantes

UGH, CV in 9th again... I was hoping that you guys or at least one of the southern groups would be scoring high enough for a better placement. Here's to hoping scores up at the Rockmart show!

I just love how freaking everything on DCP is a reason for someone to get exercised about something that's only going on between their ears and not anywhere else in drum corps land.

So many agendas, veiled comments, perceived conspiracies, so many prejudices on these boards... It's the main reason I don't visit all that much any more.

:lol::sad::lol::lol:

*maybe*... *perhaps*...

it's just a question that struck someone's mind at that point and time and they hadn't witnessed such a quick reply before?

I'm just saying not for nothing.

Then again it could have been a personal jibe. Shrug.... to what though? The fact that you took the time to look them up and put them here?

That doesn't make any sense to me... seems you were just here at the moment and had the time and goodwill to do the task.

OR?

*maybe*... *perhaps*...

they'd prefer *7th* place to 6th? :sad: (seeing how he was a Renegade member. :lol:

OR?

*Maybe*.. *perhaps*... I should shut up and mind my own business and let you all *assume* and / or condemn for *maybe*... *perhaps* no good reason at all?

Who knows? It's all up to our written words and the personal interpretation of each of them.... isn't it, really? I mean, *maybe* ... *perhaps*... you were gonna let this poster slide without any further comment from you at all... you had already done the task you set out to do and were done with it. But, *maybe... *perhaps* all the assumed replies here compelled you to repliy again... and in an unfavorable / perhaps unwarranted way? Who knows really?

Again, just my point of view, but.... point for point... just to be fair and thorough....

Your comment above:

"I just love how freaking everything on DCP is a reason for someone to get exercised about something that's only going on between their ears and not anywhere else in drum corps land."

Not sure, nor do I care what you may or may not be eluding to here... but, in my personal experience.... most folks don't come in to any arena without some kind of notion of what's going on...someone fed them something to get them involved.... unless, of course you were born into it as I was. And even then, you make your own decisions as you see fit.... as time goes on. And even then you may be shocked and / or surprised along the road. But, please don't ever make the extremely wide / bold assumption of "not anywhere else in drum corps land." Drum Corpsland as you call it is a hotbed of rumors on SO many levels!

Just a lil thought to keep in mind.

Then..."So many agendas, veiled comments, perceived conspiracies, so many prejudices on these boards... It's the main reason I don't visit all that much any more."

I must agree here a lot, sadly. I wish adults especially would bite their tongues and behave.... but, hey, when folks are put behind a screen in the privacy of their lil homes a lot more comes out than.... well, you know what I mean. And even though you beg people to restrain.... they just can't do it. It's really quite sad. Then again I was born with a very thick skin... Thank God! Because, I refuse to let the above bs force me away. Trust me... if you have a will.... you'll find a way.

I'm involved in many aspects of keeping Drum Corps history alive and well.... just wish some would be resolved faster. sigh... But, I'm not giving up! And you shouldn't let the above playground crap get to you either. Just ignore those that antagonize you or bother you in any way.... just stay the ground. Say your piece once in a while, if you must... then get right back in there.

Then you said:

"You people need to lighten up. It's only drum corps... it's a HOBBY."

Wow! Yes and no.

This could get deep here... I'll try and be as brief as I can.

That statement may cost you penalties and it may give you standing O's. That's how far and wide our lil genre runs on this topic.

This happens to be a very *passionate* part of many peoples lives, no?

Hence, the reason for all of the above in my opinion. That's a rap folks... I'm spent, it's late, My back needs my heating pad...

G'nite Gracie, God Bless, May all your dreams be granted!!

PS: Speaking of *Hobby* is he in the hall of fame yet?? And if not.... and we're all so dang passionate... why isn't he??

Edited by NanciD

There is an actual reason that I asked scrappyslap directly what he was bothered by...