2009 Rankings

Do scores count, for seeding puposes, if not a sanctioned DCA show?? Does it matter?? Really curious. (and maybe confused :rolleyes: )

I would imagine that DCA sanctioned the show. I remember somewhere on this or some other thread that they were using DCA and DCI judges and DCA sheets. There would be no reason not to use such a score for the purpose of seeding preliminaries. After all, if DCA consisted of all California corps and Bush was the only east coast corps going out for their annual trip would you really want the judges to have to see Bush first? In a system where scores are relative anyway, seeding helps everyone.

I'm sure it was sanctioned.

Joe

edited for spelling correction

Edited by JoeDz

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine that DCA sanctioned the show. I remember somewhere on this or some other thread that they were using DCA and DCI judges and DCA sheets. There would be no reason not to use such a score for the purpose of seeding preliminaries. After all, if DCA consisted of all California corps and Bush was the only east coast corps going out for their annual trip would you really want the judges to have to see Bush first? In a system where scores are relative anyway, seeding helps everyone.

Joe

I must have misunderstood. I thought they were judged at a Family day picinic. My bad.....

Joe

Yes, according to the Renegades web site it was an "officially judged performance with a mix of DCA and DCI judges."

I must have misunderstood. I thought they were judged at a Family day picinic. My bad.....

No, You are correct, it was a friends and family day event.

Hey gang -

Due to the rule changes enacted by the member corps of DCA, the Renegades were forced to either:

1. Have a judged, DCA sanctioned show in August and get a score for seeding

<or>

2. Go on first at prelims.

We chose the first option. We invited all of the CA seniors to attend. Kingsmen and SoCal, who had chosen not to travel to DCA, opted out. So, we put on a drum corps show with one judged unit in competition (Freelancers appeared in exhibition). The show was held in a stadium, under lights, with a full judging panel of professionals, including a representative from DCA. Recap was sent to DCA that night.

There was no retreat.

Any questions?

Hey gang -

Due to the rule changes enacted by the member corps of DCA, the Renegades were forced to either:

1. Have a judged, DCA sanctioned show in August and get a score for seeding

<or>

2. Go on first at prelims.

We chose the first option. We invited all of the CA seniors to attend. Kingsmen and SoCal, who had chosen not to travel to DCA, opted out. So, we put on a drum corps show with one judged unit in competition (Freelancers appeared in exhibition). The show was held in a stadium, under lights, with a full judging panel of professionals, including a representative from DCA. Recap was sent to DCA that night.

There was no retreat.

Any questions?

i think that was pretty cool and very smart thinking. that's one way of going with the rules. good luck at DCA! :rolleyes:

Not to leave Class A out:

1 Grenadiers

2 Govenaires

3 Fusion Core

4 Carolina Gold

5 Vigilantes

6 Sun Devils

7 White Sabers

8 Sunrisers

9 Lakeshoremen

10 Excelsior

11 Shenandoah Sound

I think 4 & 5 may be a real battle. 1 pt may be the total seperation within 4 corps. I've seen Sun Devils and they could be a real wild card. last show should have 70-72.

Class A will be a real dogfight... especially 4-7 position and maybe even 3-7.

(3-7) may be a 2 point spread and or (1-3) position may be a 2 pointer.

(1-7) I think will be only 5 points max.

Re-leveling from the Reading show and the South/Minn. factor.

My guesstimate:

1 Grenadiers 82

2 Govenaires 81.5

3 Fusion Core 80.5

4 Carolina Gold 79.

5 Sun Devils 78.5

6 Vigilantes 78.2

7 White Sabers 77.8

8 Sunrisers 74

9 Lakeshoremen 71.5

10 Shenandoah Sound 68.1

11 Excelsior 68

Class A will be a real dogfight... especially 4-7 position and maybe even 3-7.

(3-7) may be a 2 point spread and or (1-3) position may be a 2 pointer.

(1-7) I think will be only 5 points max.

Re-leveling from the Reading show and the South/Minn. factor.

My guesstimate:

1 Grenadiers 82

2 Govenaires 81.5

3 Fusion Core 80.5

4 Carolina Gold 79.

5 Sun Devils 78.5

6 Vigilantes 78.2

7 White Sabers 77.8

8 Sunrisers 74

9 Lakeshoremen 71.5

10 Shenandoah Sound 68.1

11 Excelsior 68