Wow,some of you have the Cavaliers in 4th or 5th place?

I just felt that the show wasn't up to Cavalier standard. I said I could see it dropping to those positions, but didn't say that it was written in stone. It would be nice to see some movement in the top of the activity. I like Boston's show a lot, but I am not going to cry blasphemy if someone thinks they might move down a place or two. I believe I even threw in a disclaimer to the effect of "we all know the last time the Cavaliers were outside of the Top 3." I guess this is one reason I never post, because when people do, they get ragged on.

I have been a fan of the Cavaliers for most of this decade...I just didn't like this show. I was also very skeptical about the 2002 show after viewing it in Toledo, but it turned out to be my favorite that year.

I hope both of you will continue to post reviews. I think we are all going to read some things in reviews from time to time that we might not quite agree with. It's like reading a critic's review of a movie. I think we've all seen a movie we've enjoyed where the movie critic panned it. Or where a critic loved a movie, then we went to see it but didn't really enjoy it all that much at all. It's people's opinions that's all. And I thought both of you took the trime to tell us what you thought of these Corps. And I thank you for that and hope you will do so again for us.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe the review from toledeo show.Accoring to the review the cavaliers are destined for 4th or even 5th place. How in the world can some one make such a prediction this early based on one show?

I can't believe you're surprised by this.

I definitely do not want to offend anyone. My reviews are only how I feel and I will agree that it is way too early to make a serious prediction about how a corps will finish. What I am trying to say in my review is that the Cavaliers do not seem to have a top 3 caliber show at the moment. They are good, and over the years they have been the best at making changes and adding layers to the show that have kept them in the top 3 since 1999.

So I like the corps, love their control and artistry, but their show is not winning me over. It's just one person's opinion.

There is absolutely no need to apologize or rationalize your opinion! The "How Dare You " crowd are always offended when all is not exactly as they would like things to be! I'm actually offended by people who are offended.

I haven't been a fan of the Cavies since they decided to stop playing their horns and just stand there with them. They've become the hearing aid corps.

The Cavs are too cliche for me. The formula is getting stale.

kindof agree

the cavaliers are to drum corps, what James Swearingen is to Wind Band Literature.....

formula, much of the same

once in a while they will do something that I really like such as 00, 02 (because it was so different!..... at the time....) and 04

as I see it now, my prediction

1. Cadets

2/3/4 - Regiment, Crown, BD (any order)

5. Cavies

6/7/8 - bluestars, bluecoats, scv (any order)

of course I'm not nostrodamus, so it will probably end much different :)

There is absolutely no need to apologize or rationalize your opinion! The "How Dare You " crowd are always offended when all is not exactly as they would like things to be! I'm actually offended by people who are offended.

Oh yeah, well I'm actually offended by people who are offended, by people who are offended.....oh oh, I think I'm caught in some kind of loop! :laughing:

kindof agree

the cavaliers are to drum corps, what James Swearingen is to Wind Band Literature.....

formula, much of the same

once in a while they will do something that I really like such as 00, 02 (because it was so different!..... at the time....) and 04

as I see it now, my prediction

1. Cadets

2/3/4 - Regiment, Crown, BD (any order)

5. Cavies

6/7/8 - bluestars, bluecoats, scv (any order)

of course I'm not nostrodamus, so it will probably end much different :)

i like this prediction, i may be a regiment phan but cadets have an awesome show :laughing:

I cannot believe the review from toledeo show.Accoring to the review the cavaliers are destined for 4th or even 5th place. How in the world can some one make such a prediction this early based on one show?

is there a rule that says cavies cant be out of the top 3? That was the flattest show last night.