Report from Cadet's Rehearsal

Two words for Cadets fans that are sick and tired of their insistence on using amplified vocals:

Carolina Crown. :thumbup:

I have to say as a Cadet alum I am so glad you finally changed your avatar. its about time....

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two words for Cadets fans that are sick and tired of their insistence on using amplified vocals:

Carolina Crown. :thumbup:

I have to say as a Cadet alum I am so glad you finally changed your avatar. its about time....

Edited by thePerfectbuzz

Ok, since I've had so many requests, here goes.

The Back Story:

My friends and I attended the Cadets rehearsal yesterday and were videoing some footage. One of us in the group of people who don't happen to be as into drum corps as I am, posted some of the videos on YouTube. I had never intended for anything that wasn't drumline lot footage to ever be seen by anyone n the internet. The runs I was recording were strictly for personal use. They never did a full run so a couple of us returned today and were doing the same. Before the following events had happened I told my friend that he should take those videos down, and he replied that he would right when we got home. So the Cadets staff assumed that I was the one who posted the videos on YouTube and were out to get me. So........

Tonight's events:

I was sitting in the stands recording some personal video and one of the staff members came and said "If you're going to keep recording, we are going to have to ask you to leave." I was like "ok" and closed and shut my camera off because I didn't want them to kick me out. I stopped recording and like a half hour later they sent another person to tell me there is no recording. He was pretty rude about it. After that they kept sending people to constantly check up on me to make sure I wasn't recording. They had asked me once to stop, and I stopped right then. I wasn't going to record any more. So when it comes time to do the run through, they sent two staff members to sit by me on one side, then they also sent some volunteers on the other side a few rows back. There was also one guy who stopped directly in front of me, looked up at the rest of the staff up top then stared directly at me to check me AGAIN. Then before they started, the same lady that originally told me that I had to stop recording said in an extremely rude voice "NO VIDEOING". Oh yeah, I forgot to add that since the staff was so concentrated on watching me, they missed the older gentlemen 15 rows down from me recording the whole show. I hope he posts it on YouTube.....

In all, I'm pretty upset with how they were treating me, especially since I complied with them the first time they had asked me. It was extremely rude.

One of the Cadets staff members who wasn't in the stands also happens to be an educator of mine. I am really hoping he didn't recognize that I was the one the staff was making a big deal about because I don't want my image to be tarnished in his mind. I'm really upset about this right now and I'm not sure if I will ever go to another Cadets rehearsal again after tonight.

I'm sure I forgot something. I may need to add something if I remember it.

after reading all those posts I really cant help but think 'its really not that deep'...but thats just me

Where did BD 06 finish again?

3rd. But it wasn't because of 'I'll make him an offer he can't refuse'. What was your point?

Well, I hate to say this, but I kind of understand what happened to you at that rehearsal. I mean, they had been at that site for a few days, and they were aware of videos being posted on youtube - hopkins even mentioned something about it. As far as the staff being mean, Im surprised they didnt ask you to leave. Yes, they could have been nicer about it as well, but I dont ever remember anyone ever accussing the cadets staff of being nice. To an average fan after a show or something, maybe they would be, but to someone who sits in the stands taking video that will probably end up on youtube, well, like I said, it could have been worse. As far as they way you acted, you did everything you could to make things right after the fact, but I doubt anybody there was in the mood for an apology or explanation. If you really want to email george - go for it...you'll probably have a reply within 10 minutes

Well, I hate to say this, but I kind of understand what happened to you at that rehearsal. I mean, they had been at that site for a few days, and they were aware of videos being posted on youtube - hopkins even mentioned something about it. As far as the staff being mean, Im surprised they didnt ask you to leave. Yes, they could have been nicer about it as well, but I dont ever remember anyone ever accussing the cadets staff of being nice. To an average fan after a show or something, maybe they would be, but to someone who sits in the stands taking video that will probably end up on youtube, well, like I said, it could have been worse. As far as they way you acted, you did everything you could to make things right after the fact, but I doubt anybody there was in the mood for an apology or explanation. If you really want to email george - go for it...you'll probably have a reply within 10 minutes

I agree with most of what you said, but I am not excusing with what happened to the guy.

Also, for those calling George and everyone else on the Cadets' staff arrogant jerks, always remember. There are two sides to every story so before you start namecalling, make sure you get ALL the facts before you start jumping down everyone's throats. It's okay to be angry about the situation, but all this namecalling doesn't make you any better.

And again, I'm not excusing what happened to that guy, either.

I'll never understand the whole "anti-Youtube" argument. I hope to God those clips got posted to that site regardless of what the staff wanted.

I agree with most of what you said, but I am not excusing with what happened to the guy.

Also, for those calling George and everyone else on the Cadets' staff arrogant jerks, always remember. There are two sides to every story so before you start namecalling, make sure you get ALL the facts before you start jumping down everyone's throats. It's okay to be angry about the situation, but all this namecalling doesn't make you any better.

And again, I'm not excusing what happened to that guy, either.

Would agree with that 100%