Barnum Festival

Congruatulations to the Hurcs, who I believe have embarked on one of their all-time memorable seasons. Like the rest of the corps mentioned in this thread, it's only going to get better.

Walk Proud there guys - and this summer seems to have no shortage of thunder...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congruatulations to the Hurcs, who I believe have embarked on one of their all-time memorable seasons. Like the rest of the corps mentioned in this thread, it's only going to get better.

Walk Proud there guys - and this summer seems to have no shortage of thunder...

Indeed, congratulations Hurcs ! And congratulations to Cabs' horn line, and to CorpsVets ! Hang in there, Bush - Everyone I talked to loved you last night !

BTW - Terrifyingly tiny crowd considering what's been normal for Barnum. On the bright side, though, that means it was the real avid fans who were there.

Congrats to the Hurcs....and Corpsvets........ :thumbup: Been watching them both climb up the DCA ladder. Makes for an interesting season. (This from a die hard CABS Fan). :tongue:

BTW - Terrifyingly tiny crowd considering what's been normal for Barnum.

$18 in advance and $20 at the gate, plus a $2.00 credit card/debit card fee, for 5 competitive corps plus a couple of exhibition corps is VERY pricy. I'm sure it eliminated a good portion of the local population that would normally come in from the surrounding neighborhood.

Great crowd tonight. They were especially enthusastic for Teal Sound. We weren't sure how a DCA would react to a DCI corps with it's own rock band, but the multiple standing ovations told the real story.

Hopefully we can do it again next year.

Bridgeport is a big time drum corps town. It was always one of my favorite places to perform.......

Congrats to the Hurc's

Edited by Triple Forte

Cru had 27 holes due to graduations, etc., but handled the book quite well..........they'll be there......good show, great crowd some exceptional performances.........CV smoked it with soloist Hunter Moss being inducted into the Bugler's Hall of Fame this weekend. He had tix to the banques Friday night but was stranded with the broken bus

The Crusaders are a bit lower than I would have expected. Wow, CV is only 5 points behind the Cabs!!! Have they ever beaten Bush before? Hmmm... maybe the South is rising up in the DCA world (and DCI, as Crown would have it). The Hurricanes weren't much of a surprise, but it is a very interesting start to the season. It will be interesting to see how other corps stack up to CV in the South!

BTW, this is rumor, but Roch was absent a slew of members due to a graduation of some sort.

Ace, you are correct Crusaders had a number of members absent because of High School graduation weekend. From what I've been told by the membership we should have full ranks next show!

good to see ya and 'hang' for a while.......thanks for the conversation.........it was quite a nite, eh????

J

Thomas, thanks for not poaching scores and waiting for me. A great night, great show. Big props to the Thunder from the Valley. BTW, this is rumor, but Roch was absent a slew of members due to a graduation of some sort.

I don't think any show has a more old-school audience than the Barnum, but Teal Sound (with amps and a full-time four-piece rock band in the pit) got many huuuuge ovations.

A nice, soft night, too, unlike the Seattle weather we've been having.

Ace, alive and well in Beepo.

$18 in advance and $20 at the gate, plus a $2.00 credit card/debit card fee, for 5 competitive corps plus a couple of exhibition corps is VERY pricy. I'm sure it eliminated a good portion of the local population that would normally come in from the surrounding neighborhood.

Yes indeed. Was there a general admission ticket?? Ont of the things I miss about Barnum is having spectators cheering you on from the back-side of the field. That's always fun.

Yes indeed. Was there a general admission ticket?? Ont of the things I miss about Barnum is having spectators cheering you on from the back-side of the field. That's always fun.

i remeber the days when barnum had 14,000-18,000 people. ah yes those were the days. :thumbup: