Crown will not beat the Cadets

I'm not really sure why Crown beating Cadets is even a possibility to some people. When you look at the shows side by side, as we have been doing all season so far, it is so obvious that what Cadets are doing is on a different level than what Crown is doing. Musically and physically, The Cadets show is so much more demanding and better designed, with visual moments all over the place that warrant reactions of "are you serious? I didn't know humans were capable of that..." mixed with musical moments that give you goosebumps.

Sure Crown is pretty close in scores right now.. thats just because the demand of the Cadets show makes for some dirt... understandably. When the cadets are sprinting around the field in rotating boxes and other crazy forms, they get a little bit tired. In a few weeks when they have gotten their endurance up and have inevitably cleaned the show, and changed weaker parts of the show.. its going to be amazing and they will pull way ahead.

Just watch and decide... How difficult is it to take steps the size of you at over 200 bpm compared with what you see Crown.. or most other corps doing?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Borg.gif

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but didn't you just post this?

It is so pointless to even speculate on this question or any other question trying to predict placement of corps that haven't even competed with one another. The Blue Devils have only competed in the West, which has inflated scores compared to east or midwest scores.

Mike

I don't see why Crown is beating The Cavaliers either. I don't think you should be winning shows when you have sloppy box sets and members arriving full counts late to sets....But Crown is doing something right. Cadets are not Holier then thou because of the 75 and WSS.

Also, as his or her screenname goes... the OP just "sort of likes music" so yeah, someone like that can bring real insight into the competition of the activity.

Thank you MikeN for pointing out the hypocrisy... though I will admit that me calling the OP a hypocrite is hypocritical as well. :blink:

I'm not really sure why Crown beating Cadets is even a possibility to some people. When you look at the shows side by side, as we have been doing all season so far, it is so obvious that what Cadets are doing is on a different level than what Crown is doing. Musically and physically, The Cadets show is so much more demanding and better designed, with visual moments all over the place that warrant reactions of "are you serious? I didn't know humans were capable of that..." mixed with musical moments that give you goosebumps.

Sure Crown is pretty close in scores right now.. thats just because the demand of the Cadets show makes for some dirt... understandably. When the cadets are sprinting around the field in rotating boxes and other crazy forms, they get a little bit tired. In a few weeks when they have gotten their endurance up and have inevitably cleaned the show, and changed weaker parts of the show.. its going to be amazing and they will pull way ahead.

Just watch and decide... How difficult is it to take steps the size of you at over 200 bpm compared with what you see Crown.. or most other corps doing?

I disagree. I have watched FN several times. There is just as much demand in Crown's show as Cadets. Now, I will say this is based off Annapolis, so I haven't seen the Cadets closing material. I think Crown's music book is on par with the Cadets, if not harder. In addition, I don't think the Cadets show is very inspiring/revolutionary. It is essentially recycled music that they are doing for their 75th anniversary. It is a great show, but I think the better show is Crown.

Crown may not beat Cadets, but it isn't going to be because of Crown's lack of demand. When I saw Crown's show, I thought that they have a good shot at the title if the can clean up their show. With that being said, I thought there was too much demand for them to clean... I hope they prove me wrong. I think it is certainly in the realm of possibility for Crown to beat Cadets a few shows this season. It may not be soon, but it is very possible.

honk! higher faster louder... wow turn over the back of the sheets and read it. its not just about fast the whole time or large steps, or loud.. crown does all of those things.... and everything else on the sheets. when it comes to who has more variety in their show. crown will kill the cadets! holy name does the same effects over and over again the whole show, and im afraid to say.... that wont cut it later in the year. Im sorry, in my opinion holy name will taper off yet again this year< same old story... ridiculous talent, meets mediocre dated design.

god-kills-kitten-troll.jpg

it's very funny to say that Carolina Crown will not cross the threshold of beating "The mighty Holy Name Cadets" this their 75th year and 3rd attempt at West Side Story after winning 1984 , coming second with it in 1994 and now 2009? I love Leonard Berstein, but I'm West Side Storied out, if memory serves me correct,last year crown beat cadets at the Orlando regional, had a few back and forth wins that week or so after and then crown just completely powned cadets the rest of the season....so what to say that it can't happen again, never say never because you might have to change that tune shortly.

Edited by DCIbrassplaya