Crown will not beat the Cadets

Personally I prefer Crown over all other corps (might sound a tad bit sided but oh well) if you listen the only reason cadets sound like they do is cause they have matched the number of their horns with crowns # of horns which is 80. now I will say their marching is better than Crown's, crown is just plain sloppy in drill, no excuse I look for them to do better in drill this year. Now the Cadets in my view will peak early mainly cause they started off with a bang so their good for that their not bad, but its like they are gonna get to where theres no where to go. Blue devils disappointed me when I saw their show it was boring, gasps yes the bd's had a boring show. The Cavlaiers I have yet to see their show at all cause I dont have the fan network packag so I watch at my friends houses, anyways I found a video of their music on youtube and its just sounds like it wasnt going anywhere, but Crown just overall sounds more moving to me, but I think the reason their scroing higher is because they are going somewhere with their show. I didnt quite get it much other than I liked he music and the drill could improve and I would like it better, but someone said its like te wizard of oz so thats when it clicked with a storyline in it. this is my views though, personally I think cavies and crown will finish in the top 2, and the cadets will get 3rd, im not sure about phantom thoguh, A) havent seen the show, B) they started out slow last year so maybe they will do good this year.

THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING TO FIX AND ALWAYS SOMEWHERE TO GO! Period.

To the OP:

I think these two will rough a tumble a few times this summer. A good rivalry based on excellence only makes this activity more enjoyable. From what I saw and heard in Ypsi on Saturday of HNC, the staff haven't lost their touch with regards to nailing ticks and fixing leaks. The corps looked very strong. I'm sure Crown is doing the exact same thing with their high caliber staff and membership. It's fun to see who wins on any given night, but speaking from experience, you can win a championship and still not be remember. Let me point out a few years that the NON 1st place corps is the only thing people talk about for that given year.

90 Star

93 Star

89 Phantom

85,86,87,88 SCV (yeah I'm not kidding)

I'm sure I could name just about every year.

There will always be SEVERAL superb corps on finals night and all season long. Sometimes the fan fav doesn't win. Sometimes they do. Sometimes the corps who should win does but they know deep down that there was something better out there, just not as clean. The fact that Crown has joined the ranks of corps who consistently exude excellence is flat out a testament to their organizations passion to entertain and attempts to achieve perfection. Crowns show isn't my fav. Neither is Cadets (for many reasons), but they're both forces to be reckoned with. So are Devs, So is PR, So is ___________ (insert corps name on any given night).

If you're going to spend the rest of your life worrying about who is going to win or who should have won and why the entire world was wrong except for you ......... you're not really all that much a fan of this activity. You're a HONk and a TROLL. Or as I would call you .... a Throlnk. Enjoy the shows. Reward the kids with your applause and $$$ support through buying souvies or sending money to the corps. Stand and clap for everyone because they kicked their own butts to bring you a hot show that they love. When you don't like something, shut up and eat your hot dog.

Had you come on here and explained why you might have a personal beef with an organization (LIKE I DO), it would be easy to forgive and understand why you would post that entire "this corps is better than that corps and my dad can kick your ###" argument to begin with. Without preface or a hard cross section analysis of both corps, stats and proof that backs up your theory ..... you're just wasting bandwidth.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I prefer Crown over all other corps (might sound a tad bit sided but oh well) if you listen the only reason cadets sound like they do is cause they have matched the number of their horns with crowns # of horns which is 80. now I will say their marching is better than Crown's, crown is just plain sloppy in drill, no excuse I look for them to do better in drill this year. Now the Cadets in my view will peak early mainly cause they started off with a bang so their good for that their not bad, but its like they are gonna get to where theres no where to go. Blue devils disappointed me when I saw their show it was boring, gasps yes the bd's had a boring show. The Cavlaiers I have yet to see their show at all cause I dont have the fan network packag so I watch at my friends houses, anyways I found a video of their music on youtube and its just sounds like it wasnt going anywhere, but Crown just overall sounds more moving to me, but I think the reason their scroing higher is because they are going somewhere with their show. I didnt quite get it much other than I liked he music and the drill could improve and I would like it better, but someone said its like te wizard of oz so thats when it clicked with a storyline in it. this is my views though, personally I think cavies and crown will finish in the top 2, and the cadets will get 3rd, im not sure about phantom thoguh, A) havent seen the show, B) they started out slow last year so maybe they will do good this year.

phantom almost always starts slow, but i kind of like it that way, their design team is very talented and build the show all the way to the end :blink:

.THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING TO FIX AND ALWAYS SOMEWHERE TO GO! Period

To the OP:

I think these two will rough a tumble a few times this summer. A good rivalry based on excellence only makes this activity more enjoyable. From what I saw and heard in Ypsi on Saturday of HNC, the staff haven't lost their touch with regards to nailing ticks and fixing leaks. The corps looked very strong. I'm sure Crown is doing the exact same thing with their high caliber staff and membership. It's fun to see who wins on any given night, but speaking from experience, you can win a championship and still not be remember. Let me point out a few years that the NON 1st place corps is the only thing people talk about for that given year.

90 Star

93 Star

89 Phantom

There will always be SEVERAL superb corps on finals night and all season long. Sometimes the fan fav doesn't win. Sometimes they do. Sometimes the corps who should win does but they know deep down that there was something better out there, just not as clean. The fact that Crown has joined the ranks of corps who consistently exude excellence is flat out a testament to their organizations passion to entertain and attempts to achieve perfection. Crowns show isn't my fav. Neither is Cadets (for many reasons), but they're both forces to be reckoned with. So are Devs, So is PR, So is ___________ (insert corps name on any given night).

If you're going to spend the rest of your life worrying about who is going to win or who should have won and why the entire world was wrong except for you ......... you're not really all that much a fan of this activity. You're a HONk and a TROLL. Or as I would call you .... a Throlnk. Enjoy the shows. Reward the kids with your applause and $$$ support through buying souvies or sending money to the corps. Stand and clap for everyone because they kicked their own butts to bring you a hot show that they love. When you don't like something, shut up and eat your hot dog.

Had you come on here and explained why you might have a personal beef with an organization (LIKE I DO), it would be easy to forgive and understand why you would post that entire "this corps is better than that corps and my dad can kick your ###" argument to begin with. Without preface or a hard cross section analysis of both corps, stats and proof that backs up your theory ..... you're just wasting bandwidth.

i like this whole thing, just bolded some of my fav parts, well put :blink:

Edited by DCIpwnstesn00bs

it's very funny to say that Carolina Crown will not cross the threshold of beating "The mighty Holy Name Cadets" this their 75th year and 3rd attempt at West Side Story after winning 1984 , coming second with it in 1994 and now 2009? I love Leonard Berstein, but I'm West Side Storied out, if memory serves me correct,last year crown beat cadets at the Orlando regional, had a few back and forth wins that week or so after and then crown just completely powned cadets the rest of the season....so what to say that it can't happen again, never say never because you might have to change that tune shortly.

Why is it hard to disagree with the OP without the pot shots at The Cadets? Sure, this may be The Cadets 3rd time playing selections from WSS, but as I can recall from what I saw in Annapolis, Crown is playing familiar music as well. What is so wrong with that? You are not the only person who watches drum corps. We have lots of new people who are exposed to drum corps for the first time or who have been exposed to it well after The Cadets played WSS live (myself included). You may be "West Side Storied" out, but many other people may not be. And remember, this is a different year. Just because Crown beat Cadets last year does not mean it will happen this year. It also doesn't mean Crown won't beat The Cadets either.

Personally, I think there is a possibility of Crown beating the Cadets this year. I've seen the shows of each. They're both very good at this point, and they both have a lot of cleaning to do. I personally love The Cadets show much more than I do Crown, but that does not mean I don't think Crown is good.

I fully understand that everyone wants a new champion and that everyone here LOVES Crown, but there is no need for all the insults to any corps. I think the OP should have thought about his post a little more carefully before he posted that up there because as passionate as it is, it seems like it's coming across to almost everyone who reads this thread as flame on Crown, and neither Crown nor Cadets deserves that.

Edited by 2000Cadet

THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING TO FIX AND ALWAYS SOMEWHERE TO GO! Period.

To the OP:

90 Star

93 Star

89 Phantom

Ok, not to get too off topic, but SCV 89 was the most popular show ever (as deemed by the Countdown). I love Phantom 89, but I think it is a stretch to say that is the only show people talk about from that year.

Other than that, I agree.

Do not create another sn to make it seem like you have more support for your opinion then there may or may not be lest ye be labeled a troll.

That's actually Sam Saunders, a famous Cadets drum major from the past...but OK.

Why is it hard to disagree with the OP without the pot shots at The Cadets? Sure, this may be The Cadets 3rd time playing selections from WSS, but as I can recall from what I saw in Annapolis, Crown is playing familiar music as well. What is so wrong with that? You are not the only person who watches drum corps. We have lots of new people who are exposed to drum corps for the first time or who have been exposed to it well after The Cadets played WSS live (myself included). You may be "West Side Storied" out, but many other people may not be. And remember, this is a different year. Just because Crown beat Cadets last year does not mean it will happen this year. It also doesn't mean Crown won't beat The Cadets either.

Personally, I think there is a possibility of Crown beating the Cadets this year. I've seen the shows of each. They're both very good at this point, and they both have a lot of cleaning to do. I personally love The Cadets show much more than I do Crown, but that does not mean I don't think Crown is good.

I fully understand that everyone wants a new champion and that everyone here LOVES Crown, but there is no need for all the insults to any corps. I think the OP should have thought about his post a little more carefully before he posted that up there because as passionate as it is, it seems like it's coming across to almost everyone who reads this thread as flame on Crown, and neither Crown nor Cadets deserves that.

Totally agree with you. This thread was started just to bring a rise out of us.

I'm a Crown Alum and am absolutely digging the Cadets this year. They are bringing it and so is Crown. The best man will win and I can't believe I have to miss the majority of the fight to the finish!

Give these two Cream-ish teams a HUGE thank you for giving us something to talk about in the east!!!

Now...STOP SUCKING.

Travis

Regarding 1987, I think that SCV was hardly the only one everyone was talking about. IIRC, that was Cadets' Appalachian Spring year--only one of the greatest feats of marching music ever put on the field. I think they got a lot of attention and talk that year.

Who cares? The OP's opinion doesn't matter!

George Hopkins opinion doesn't matter (although I liked it)

whitedawn's opinion doesn't matter (just like it didn't last year when he was wrong about Cadets coming back) :-P

contrajedi8 (aka I hate Crown's fiber) his opinion doesn't matter

MY OPINION DOESN'T MATTER!

I think Hop was the most right though....the only people that matter are the kids in the corps that put it all out there and the 5-12 people that judge them at the contests.

They'll decide who is better on paper. The fans will decide who is better by how loud their applause is and how many downloads they purchase.

God I love drumcorps!

Edited by DCImonkey

I'm not really sure why Crown beating Cadets is even a possibility to some people. When you look at the shows side by side, as we have been doing all season so far, it is so obvious that what Cadets are doing is on a different level than what Crown is doing. Musically and physically, The Cadets show is so much more demanding and better designed, with visual moments all over the place that warrant reactions of "are you serious? I didn't know humans were capable of that..." mixed with musical moments that give you goosebumps.

Sure Crown is pretty close in scores right now.. thats just because the demand of the Cadets show makes for some dirt... understandably. When the cadets are sprinting around the field in rotating boxes and other crazy forms, they get a little bit tired. In a few weeks when they have gotten their endurance up and have inevitably cleaned the show, and changed weaker parts of the show.. its going to be amazing and they will pull way ahead.

Just watch and decide... How difficult is it to take steps the size of you at over 200 bpm compared with what you see Crown.. or most other corps doing?

I pretty much disagree with everything contained in your first paragraph. There are different kinds of hard. I'm not sure which kind of hard is better, but they're both doing hard shows.