Crown will not beat the Cadets

I think it's going to be a tie. See after all, we are 75 years old and it is #### hard to do that drill when you are that old.

Crown is much younger .. younger legs and all of that. But on the other hand ... experience could be a factor?

Wise old men can sometimes out-trick the young punks ... hmmmmm ?

We are going to go change all of the signs and send them to the wrong stadium .... !!!! then we worry not!!!

Smile all ... we have like 28 shows together ...

My experience says that MOST OF THE TIME ... the best corps wins.

and ALL OF THE TIME ... it is the opinion of 8 people ... and tonight ... 5 people.

That's it!

Not definitive

Not real

Not earth shattering

Just five people giving their opinion.

I for one ... am going to order a quad latte and sit back and love it!!!!

Never thought I would say this, but:

:blink: Bravo!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really sure why Crown beating Cadets is even a possibility to some people. When you look at the shows side by side, as we have been doing all season so far, it is so obvious that what Cadets are doing is on a different level than what Crown is doing. Musically and physically, The Cadets show is so much more demanding and better designed, with visual moments all over the place that warrant reactions of "are you serious? I didn't know humans were capable of that..." mixed with musical moments that give you goosebumps.

Sure Crown is pretty close in scores right now.. thats just because the demand of the Cadets show makes for some dirt... understandably. When the cadets are sprinting around the field in rotating boxes and other crazy forms, they get a little bit tired. In a few weeks when they have gotten their endurance up and have inevitably cleaned the show, and changed weaker parts of the show.. its going to be amazing and they will pull way ahead.

Just watch and decide... How difficult is it to take steps the size of you at over 200 bpm compared with what you see Crown.. or most other corps doing?

Now you've all but ensured that Crown will beat the Cadets at some point or another. Possibly even tonight. The gods of drum corps are fickle, and posts like this are the surest way to incur their wrath.

Theres only one thing left to say here.

deadhorse.gif

enough already..

I love Leonard Berstein, but I'm West Side Storied out

are you really west side storied out? possibly we live very different lifestyles, but if I want to hear west side story, I have to make a conscious decision and then take steps to make it happen (such as... opening my itunes). It doesn't just randomly appear places.

I think it's going to be a tie. See after all, we are 75 years old and it is #### hard to do that drill when you are that old.

Crown is much younger .. younger legs and all of that. But on the other hand ... experience could be a factor?

Wise old men can sometimes out-trick the young punks ... hmmmmm ?

We are going to go change all of the signs and send them to the wrong stadium .... !!!! then we worry not!!!

Smile all ... we have like 28 shows together ...

My experience says that MOST OF THE TIME ... the best corps wins.

and ALL OF THE TIME ... it is the opinion of 8 people ... and tonight ... 5 people.

That's it!

Not definitive

Not real

Not earth shattering

Just five people giving their opinion.

I for one ... am going to order a quad latte and sit back and love it!!!!

Hop-

I for one agree. What 5 or 8 people seem to think on any given night should not be so definitive. Just sit back and enjoy this incredible season we are witnessing so far!! :worthy::blink:

Unless that night is Aug 8. BTW, how many judges for Finals?

About 30,000 - 40,000 (maybe less because of the economy...), but it matter not. Each kid on the field will be a champion in my mind, no matter who the judges says is the winner.

Since it is summer, I am going to sit back and have my shaken iced tea lemonade, sweetened, black tea, Venti of course, and let the goose bumps begin!!!

Now you've all but ensured that Crown will beat the Cadets at some point or another. Possibly even tonight. The gods of drum corps are fickle, and posts like this are the surest way to incur their wrath.

I'll mail you a twinkie if that happens!