Crown Fans Pushing Me Away

I knew you would post some hate here. Nuts, I wish I would have bet someone on that. Wait, no one would take that bet.

Oh come on...I'm ALWAYS initiating Dublin Dr Pepper bets that go unanswered!! :worthy:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT HAVE YOU NOTICED that this year posters have been much more.......cant think of the word......sensitive and actively 'reading between the lines"?

I've posted LIVE from several shows.

Its been my observations and opinions, but WOW have I been TOASTED!

CHILL POSTERS CHILL!!!!

I haven't been on the Planet as much this year...probably something to do with Mafia Wars?? :worthy: So I haven't seen your posts. But I did a thread that, I think, 3 people read before the season got under way discussing technology at the shows, facebook and other posts live, and video stuff. Thanks for your efforts! As for the boo-birds, they've been around forever...don't stop posting like corps did several years ago...just...*POOF!!*...no more corps posting on DCP. Due to their critics. Morons.

PLEASE keep up your tech efforts to update live when you can! I'll catch you at some point, and I'll love it from afar...maybe even get you to call me sometime when THE corps is on so I can take a listen in on the going's on!

:-)

Nope.

If I were, I let that person's hatred of my corps (and/or it's fans) "push me away" from being a fan of the Troopers, which won't happen. Ever

So, the moral of the story is: Don't hate a corps because of the actions of some haters that you may associate with the corps. This is about the kids that are out there working their tails off to become better performers and entertain us. If you like the product, then like the product. Don’t let the perceived actions of anyone change that.

I'm just saying, don't get so worked up about people like that. Being a Blue Knights fan, I'm used to hearing everything bad about BK. Hot dog corps, boring, too much body movement, just melt my face, etc.

Or the ones that are young enough to march, but bitter because they're sitting in their basement eating ritz crackers and watching home improvement while commenting on DCP. Stupid Snowboards.

Is it bitterness?? I thought it was that idiotic attitude of, "I have an opinion, I have an account, and I post RIGHT NEXT TO EVERYONE ELSE...so...LOOK AT ME...I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!"

That gets as old as fast as the "This Ain't Drum Corps..." crowd. Although I will at least put up with the older crowd. Those you are referring to need to go march Pioneer...or go find MBP...speak of something which they know, ya know?

I'm just saying, don't get so worked up about people like that. Being a Blue Knights fan, I'm used to hearing everything bad about BK. Hot dog corps, boring, too much body movement, just melt my face, etc.

Much LOVE to BK for their movement...truly one of the innovators in the activity in that area! I've got some thoughts/proposals on movement that I would love to see a corps like that play with...REAL stuff...not that "I'm gonna hang my leg out there and wiggle it a little bit" movement that seems so pervasive...

...but now I'm REALLY off-topic! Sorry, all.

Don't worry, I don't ever get to worked up about anything an anonymous hater has to say on an internet forum. It’s not worth my time.

BTW, I love BK, especially the really dark (musical) stuff.

Carolina Crown is not my favorite corps but I REALLY like their show this year. At this point in the season, they probably are my “hope they win” corps. Their fans in past years have been labeled as some of the biggest HONKS but I have just seen them as enthusiastic about their own achievement and always respectful of their competition. This week that has changed. You are now embarrassing your staff and the kids in your corps.

I have seen numerous attempts to tear down their competition in order to legitimize their own success. Brag on your corps, tell us all of the outstanding moments in your show, discuss your growth in captions that are scoring high but leave the criticism of the top marching groups in the world to the judging panels. Crown is now in rarified air, all of their competition is VERY good and the differences at this level are almost impossible to detect except by “highly skilled professionals.”

I love what is happening on the field, please don’t push me away with forum opinions.

Don't let what people say on here push you away from loving Crown. They're doing some great things and the kids deserve the recognition they are getting.

the backward logic and perverse psychology of this statement has caused my cerebral cortex to implode. Gaack!

:worthy:

Don't worry, I don't ever get to worked up about anything an anonymous hater has to say on an internet forum. It’s not worth my time.

BTW, I love BK, especially the really dark (musical) stuff.

Props man for enjoying those shows. :worthy:

I enjoy Madison too, I'm a fan of '88 especially.

Laura VanDoren, is a member of the "Crown Family" wife of Donnie, Mother to Evan and Carrie, and every student who ever marched for Carolina Crown. She is a wonderful person .Nobody call's her out in public and doesn’t have to answer for it. For 20 years Crown has been trying to build a World Class Drum Corps, Our goal has always been to do it with Class, Give the Students a "first class experience" and do it with the Fans in mind. Crown =entertainment. We have always had our hearts in the right place. What you see today is a product of Love for the activity, and love for the students. No one from this organization has ever attacked anyone personally or any other group of students. So, please do not call out one of our "family" because she expressed her elation for MANY years of hard work. I personally appreciate what all the corps are doing and have been very upset over the years about things said about Crown and other organizations as well. This is a forum; we respect your right to express your opinion but please don't call anyone out.

I will gladly answer for it. I didn't "call her out." I pointed out a bit of hypocrisy from a public site. ad reposted a private e-mail or personal conversation, that might be a different thing. The words stand on their own for anyone to see as they wish. I made very little comentary and provided a link to see the ful conversation in case some might find it out of context.

I, personally, find statement that I find disheartening. I have little doubt that what you say isn't true. DCP can be abrasive, yes, but that is because DCP is made of the fans. We are the drum corps community. Our opinions matter. We buy your souvenirs and raffle Tickets and go to the shows.

I would love for nothing more then to see Crown continue on a path of responsible success. Absolutely nothing more.