Crown Fans Pushing Me Away

Don't like their fans? That's fine. Just don't let these people affect the way you see a certain corps. Those people don't represent the corps they are bragging about.

I agree. It's a tough trick to learn, though, and it's something I can admit I'm still working at. I can say I really enjoyed Crown's show in Decatur, though certainly some of the chest-pounding by their backers on here has gotten tiresome.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like their fans? That's fine. Just don't let these people affect the way you see a certain corps. Those people don't represent the corps they are bragging about.

It's fine to say that in theory, harder to do in practice. My dislike of Madison is because of their fans, not the corps. I know it's illogical, but it happens.

I haven't read a lot of the post-win threads, but it seems that it started by fans of Cavies/Cadets unable to believe that Crown could beat them. This leads to responses back from the Crown faithful, and things just escalate.

Sorry dude, but I don't think that's fair. I've seen fans from nearly ever corps on here be "honks" as you call them, especially Madison, Bluecoats and Regiment. People get excited. Crown is my "hope they win" corps this year as well, but I don't think Crown fans are slamming other corps. I have defended them and mentioned other corps to get my point across, but don't consider that a slam. You know - even if every Crown fan on here was slamming ever single other corps, you still should not let that reflect on Crown. I certainly would be shocked if anyone affiliated with the Crown organization is slamming any other corps. A single person, whether they have marched or not, does not speak for an entire organization.

These other corps already have a well established contingent of gas bags ,and well oiled propaganda machines. This is a chance for not only Crown (who is very real), but more so their fans to come into the upper echelon on in the first class section of the train...

But is it ok if I don't like the corps because of one of their members? Just a friend who can get annoying sometimes.

An interesting bit from their very own Facebook discussion site:

Thread Titled "Crown Tops Cadets"

"Laura VanDoren - Of course we did!

Julie White - Just goes to show what all the negative crown people think of a great show. DCP was full of the negativity for Crown to top Cadets again:)

Laura VanDoren - Well consider the sources. Makes them sound even more stupid, eh?"

Before anyone jumps on me for posting this, it's public information.

This does not ease my fears. More fun tidbits in the thread as well as many others. http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=10...amp;topic=10485

no way, Philadelphia Flyers and Eagles fans are half the reason I hate their teams so much

It's fine to say that in theory, harder to do in practice. My dislike of Madison is because of their fans, not the corps. I know it's illogical, but it happens.

I haven't read a lot of the post-win threads, but it seems that it started by fans of Cavies/Cadets unable to believe that Crown could beat them. This leads to responses back from the Crown faithful, and things just escalate.

This!

There's been no bad behavior by Crown fans except in response to what they (in their newbie-ness) perceive as attacks on Crown.

A lot of DCP regulars are irritated by the honks but you know what? GET OVER IT and let them enjoy their honking! When's the last time someone beat Cavies twice and then went on at the next show to beat Cadets? Nearly everyone on here has been a honk for their favorites at one time or another.

The thoughts and opinions of our fans and parents, while appreciated, are not the opinion of the corps and its management. We do support their right to speak freely and with enthusiasm about our season, but hopefully not at the expense of other groups.

We hope that you will continue to support the corps through whatever means is best for you and we are happy to "receive with grace" your well wishes for our season, as the corps itself "receives and attains with grace" over the course of the summer.

Have a great summer and see you down the road.

Crown fans have been doing this since when I was marching.

An interesting bit from their very own Facebook discussion site:

Thread Titled "Crown Tops Cadets"

"Laura VanDoren - Of course we did!

Julie White - Just goes to show what all the negative crown people think of a great show. DCP was full of the negativity for Crown to top Cadets again:)

Laura VanDoren - Well consider the sources. Makes them sound even more stupid, eh?"

Before anyone jumps on me for posting this, it's public information.

This does not ease my fears. More fun tidbits in the thread as well as many others. http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=10...amp;topic=10485

lol at accusing a "cadet homer" of making up the fact that a tuba fell down in that thread. terrible.