Crown Fans Pushing Me Away

My instructors used to tell us all the time...

If you want us to shut up.....then shut us up! In other words......other corps need to step up and knock these crazy Crown fans down a few pegs. Otherwise, you gotta deal with it.

Kinda like the old BD argument. If you are sick of seeing BD win, design a better show, and perform it better and they won't win anymore.

Logic is awesome

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here's the ultimate logic for all getting worked up over a score on 6/30:

Finals are 8/8. Worry about it then

here's the ultimate logic for all getting worked up over a score on 6/30:

Finals are 8/8. Worry about it then

Where's the fun in that? :worthy:

Facts are attacks, especially when you say BD. For some people, anyway.

:worthy:

Hey man, just stating fact. No intention of being an attack. Should have said :worthy:

Sorry thought I was being clear. :worthy:

The fact that you had to use BD as a counter-example kind of proves the point that it IS a big deal for that to have happened. A scenario where BD and Crown are in the same sentence is a huge deal for Crown in terms of history.

Edited by corpsband

I think I'm supposed to dislike Crown, but I don't. I really like what they are doing.

It's time for someone else to shake up the activity. It seems to happen once a decade or so (80s Cadets, 90s Blue Devils, 00s Cavaliers), and now it's happening again.

When you change the game, it's difficult for others to compete. I will be very surprised if Crown doesn't win DCI this year.

Turn in your gears.

(jk)

Sorry thought I was being clear. :worthy:

The fact that you had to use BD as a counter-example kind of proves the point that it IS a big deal for that to have happened. A scenario where BD and Crown are in the same sentence is a huge deal for Crown in terms of history.

Sorry. Things are lost in translation a lot on message boards. It's not your fault, it's mine for ASSuming things. :worthy:

Of course they don't speak for the organization, but it's naive to think they don't represent it. Especially alumni or member's parents.

Folks can say that's not how it should be; which won't change the fact that it's how it is.

It's a simple phenomenon, actually. somebody likes what the corps is doing and wants to identify as a fan. When presented with existing fans who act like ###hats, the potential fan pulls away because he or she doesn't want to identify as an ###hat.

"Wow! I really like what Crown is doing! I think I'll become a fan...waitaminute, Crown fans are ###hats... and I'm not. Guess I won't become a Crown fan. I can enjoy it from afar without identifying as a fan."

Wow. Just...wow.

These corps are filled with KIDS...EACH working their *** off, not for money, but for the sheer thrill of performing for the crowd. EACH performer is striving to be the very best they can be and let the scores fall where they may. These kids COULD be the ones you read about in the paper robbing stores or shooting each other or any one of a NUMBER of things our youth today have a growing propensity to do. EACH of these kids are the "good kids"...the ones with a work ethic and personal pride and drive to become productive members of society.

These are not professional athletes earning millions and could care less about the fans. These are, for lack of a better term, true role models for others of their age. Cheer your favorite corps, but support each and every performer and corps out there.

Sorry if that was a soap box...and yes, these are just my thoughts!