Beverly's Beanpot Surprise.

Crown's show has depth? It must be so deep it went over my head! What did that show have to do with grass being greener? Or the Green Knight's stable boy spinning flags? I honestly do not understand their show. And what's innovative about it? I saw nothing new. And I recall thinking Cadets were a little dirtier, so doesn't that mean they have MORE room for growth than Crown?

I don't see how. Everything in that show is everything I wish drum corps to be. Crown's is just too WGI/band.

This message is a great illustration of why (despite being a crowd favorite) Crown design > HNC design as viewed by the sheets.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown's show has depth? It must be so deep it went over my head! What did that show have to do with grass being greener? Or the Green Knight's stable boy spinning flags? I honestly do not understand their show. And what's innovative about it? I saw nothing new. And I recall thinking Cadets were a little dirtier, so doesn't that mean they have MORE room for growth than Crown?

I don't see how. Everything in that show is everything I wish drum corps to be. Crown's is just too WGI/band.

With all do respect, neither is West Side Story. With that being said, I am excited to see both shows live. I have seen all of them on FanNetwork and I really like Crown's. I'm sure both hornlines will blow me away. :smile:

I guess I wear my allegiance on my sleeve, YES I want Crown to win, but I love both of these shows! I'm going to enjoy 2009 for what it is.... 2 GIANTS battling it out all season and pushing each other to have the best show ever. The winner? ME.....when my DVD arrives in October.

I want Crown and Cadets to finish 1-2 and do a "Double EAST" kick during Finals night retreat!

Great score from Crown. Not gonna lie, I think Crown winning this year would be the best thing that could happen to DCI. Introduce new blood in the championship spot and show everyone else that it doesn't just have to be the same song but a different verse every year (Cavies, Cadets, BD, Phantom, SCV...though less SCV lately).

I guess I wear my allegiance on my sleeve, YES I want Crown to win, but I love both of these shows! I'm going to enjoy 2009 for what it is.... 2 GIANTS battling it out all season and pushing each other to have the best show ever. The winner? ME.....when my DVD arrives in October.

I want Crown and Cadets to finish 1-2 and do a "Double EAST" kick during Finals night retreat!

Yeah buddy!! Thats what I'm talkin about! Just as long as its in that order... :smile:

Great score from Crown. Not gonna lie, I think Crown winning this year would be the best thing that could happen to DCI.

i beg to differ bring back DCI to ESPN

there's more to GE than just digging it. if there are performance issues affecting the effect from being what it could be, then you wont see the score be as high as you'd like

Great score from Crown. Not gonna lie, I think Crown winning this year would be the best thing that could happen to DCI. Introduce new blood in the championship spot and show everyone else that it doesn't just have to be the same song but a different verse every year (Cavies, Cadets, BD, Phantom, SCV...though less SCV lately).

i'd harldy call Phantom with a title and a tie for a title the same song different verse