What is "bando"?

There aren't any more drum corps ! These marching groups are nothing but high tech marching BANDS drum corps are

SORRY TO SAY dead for the most part and it's SAD . :smile:

Totally Agree1 I've said many times "DCI should just get honest with itself and change the name to MBI". YUP

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're referring to the whole thread, then this is a winning post.

Anybody outside of marching music would look at this conversation and just marvel at the geekiness of people who march around playing things and spinning things arguing with each other about who's the bigger geek. Evidently where somebody wears a shako has something to do with it? Come on,now.

The only measure of whether or not having marched drum corps made somebody "better" in any way than somebody who didn't march drum corps is their behavior.

I don't get the supercilious attitudes. It's petty to me. It's not like it's isolated to drum corps, either. It's a sign of immaturity you see in the military a lot, too. Some people who go through experiences that are tough for them marvel in going around lording it over others who haven't done it.

well I had intended to post a picture up there but that picture didn't work...oh well.

Yes this thread is bando in a sense but we are all in this together and that is why we have DCP.

Mylar

As much as my roots are in the old school, I'll be the first to admit that today's teams are bigger stronger, faster than we ever were, and prgramming has developed by leaps and bounds. Kudos to the avant-garde warriors who have taken the activity onward and upward -excelsior!

But I still think a kevlar drum head sounds like the side of a fiberglass porta-potty. Mylar!

:smile:

Fred O.

Best definition I've ever heard. Period.

2nded.

Did I miss something?? Have I been wrong forever?? I always thought that we were referring to the high school band geeks...not dumb drum corps shows.

And for the record, I was King Band-O in high school. The idiot jocks (our school had a really BAD football team, ironically!) referred to us as a little worse. But when we got our names in the paper it wasn't for losing to BERKNER. Well, actually, Berkner's band was better than ours, too...but that's not the point!

And I used the term "Corps Rats" to describe corps members a while back...something that didn't stick apparently!

Maybe I'm just mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time.

During DCI's Orlando years-mainly '96, 97, and '98-the upper decks were filled with bandos. Most of those kids could not have given a flying ((bleeeeeeep!)) about who or what was performing on the field. And those that did were obnoxiously loud and filled with "know it all" commentary. I'm pretty sure the majority of these bandos had to be in the high school freshmen, sophmore, and junior age group.

Now, bando on the drum corps side: Bluecoats '89 and '90; especially '90. One of thier nicknames in 1990 was Blueband.

i remember our rule was to pull it down until it touched two fingers width space from the nose.

That was the stated method in my HS band, too. I recall many members though, that wore their shakos way back on their heads like freaking sunbonnets.

Bandos are large group of audience members you try desperately to avoid so you can enjoy the show without listening to random dumbness all evening.

:thumbdown::thumbup::music::music:

Bandos do not understand the concept of having the #### beat out of you for getting tic ed on the field, therefore they don't understand when to shut up about what they really don't understand, causing us DC people to say " in MY day, that idiot would have had his ### handed to him during the 1st hour of tour".

Boy I miss the old days

I think that because I went through basic training in the Marines, I should refer to everybody else as "civilians" and act like my opinions about the military are automatically more valid than theirs.

I should also act like "civilians" are lesser mortals than I because they never got the #### kicked out of them simply for existing.

That would really demonstrate the values that my branch tried to instill in me, wouldn't it.