Hop weigh's in on the Cadets/Crown rivalry...

Gotcha

For a second, I thought I knew you. I know a Nick that marched Cadets in '03, but not 5 and 6, and didn't march any other div. 1 corps.

Well I didnt march anywhere else either...the only Nick I knew was in the snare line....I think I only talked to him once, when I accidentally took his uniform off the truck and I thought he was going to kill me or something

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I didnt march anywhere else either...the only Nick I knew was in the snare line....I think I only talked to him once, when I accidentally took his uniform off the truck and I thought he was going to kill me or something

Yeah that's the Nick I know. He taught the snares in the winter line I marched last year, and kinda this year.

I didn't read through the whole topic, but was it brought up that Hop only brings up the changes? He's involved in the board that votes for it right? But isn't that only like 1 out or 12 people of something like that?

yabetterbelieveit, what's your signature mean? I know its Cadets, and I'm assuming it's '05 cause of the door, but why the "oh yes"? Just out of curiosity.

2005 is correct. I just really love that photo of the first drill set taking off, the one line close to perfect, starting off the whole show. Oh yes just meaning, oh yes, look at the awesomeness occurring. Thanks for asking!

Edited by yabetterbelieveit

Relax, guy. There's less judges at this point in the season for one simple reason: Money. And if you'd like to take a trip into the way-back machine, you'd realize that Hop didn't push for the double panel at finals, Bloo did.

Hey, I think I found a signature for you

ch860308.jpg

Just a thought.

And yes, that is a very cool picture.

Edited by acolli17

What's going on?? DCI is going on. And the East Coast has an official rivalry for the first time in forever. And I couldn't be more thrilled about it!

Forever ?

A long time maybe, but not forever.

Hopkins made a controversial show design decision by not having a ballad, nor a drum solo.

You guys are missing what he is up to, trying to get the judge community to shift the scoring weight

in the direction he chose to go, uptempo and bordering on out of control.

His remark that Crown is not aggresive or whatever smacks of trying to influence the judges, and is totally over the line for a corps director to put online. Many corps banish their members from being online to prevent postings like this.

IMHO the judges will smack him down for this blatant attempt to change the scoring outcome.

Hopkins made a controversial show design decision by not having a ballad, nor a drum solo.

You guys are missing what he is up to, trying to get the judge community to shift the scoring weight

His remark that Crown is not aggresive or whatever smacks of trying to influence the judges, and is totally over the line for a corps director to put online. Many corps banish their members from being online to prevent postings like this.

IMHO the judges will smack him down for this blatant attempt to change the scoring outcome.

what the heck...

Are you referencing their 2003 or 2009 show? :worthy:

Ahhhaahhhhhaaaa.....

yeah, the cadets really cant do ballads for crap. Wait, whats that??? You mean to tell me they had GREAT ballads in 83, 84, 85, 87, 90, 93, 98, 2000, and 2005??? Well WHY in the WORLD would a person try and reduce their value on the sheets if theyve served them so well in the past. By the way, the 'post' was actually in a blog, which someone chose to put on here. If you really think that its more effective to use methods like this to 'influence the judges', when he could just talk to them, then you really are confused

Oh...I also have to laugh - this is a controversial show because there is no ballad or seperate drum solo?? Man, the cadets really are on the cutting edge of show design this year. Next you'll tell me they dont have a concert piece either!!!

Edited by euponitone