Cadet Report July 8th

Hey, from Camp Cadet blah blah blah......Until next time,

FRED

F of I

tory) * Cool (from West Side Story) * Tonight (from West Side Story)

Fred and Irving -- you guys rock! Every corps needs to make this kind of blogging happen. Fabulous work!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterdays menu:

Parents-Take note

Breakfast- blueberry, banana, and chocolate chip pancakes fresh fruit ( cereal milk PB&J)

Lunch- Seafood linguine ( real seafood not that fake stuff ) we had side dishes too with this, I just ate the linguine.

Dinner- Pork loin w/mushroom gravy, rosemary sage stuffing, green beans, apple sauce and chocolate cake w/ raspberry drizzle.( see, the little stuff)

Part of the reason I go on tour is, I always loose weight. Maybe not this year or next year. ( the chefs are coming back)

Tonight we are having a joint dinner with the Bluestars. I wish it was Crown, So we could intimidate them with our cuisine. :devil:

So Bluestars better bring it tonight! or they will get served literally and figuratively. :w00t:

OK, I think I want a do-over. I remember us eating cold ravioli directly from the quart cans in Bloomington and begging for stroganoff from the Blue Devils at the Canadian border in 1984. I am so happy to see that my old corps has come so far in caring for the members!

OK, I think I want a do-over. I remember us eating cold ravioli directly from the quart cans in Bloomington and begging for stroganoff from the Blue Devils at the Canadian border in 1984. I am so happy to see that my old corps has come so far in caring for the members!

Me too, Bill. I remember being THANKFUL for a fruit and juice break! It seemed like our food truck was broken down a lot more than it was rolling. :devil:

I'm glad to hear that times have changed.

Man! And we sent our cooks home half-way through tour in '85 because it was so bad!

Me too, Bill. I remember being THANKFUL for a fruit and juice break! It seemed like our food truck was broken down a lot more than it was rolling. :devil:

I'm glad to hear that times have changed.

As much as I eat, I think I would have quit.

yikes:

"Hop is not pleased. Watching ensemble ... two toms out ( one knee and one virus) , one snare out ( virus) and one bass drum out (back). Ohh boy"

yikes:

"Hop is not pleased. Watching ensemble ... two toms out ( one knee and one virus) , one snare out ( virus) and one bass drum out (back). Ohh boy"

Oh my...that doesn't sound good :(

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Hey, from Camp Cadet blah blah blah...

* I'm writing my report earlier than usual because I was up at 5:30am preparing the peach, cherry and blueberry crepes from scratch, for the kids ( I'm not shi##!ng ya) More about that later.

Yesterday, The Cadets worked on a lot of small segments of each number of the show. Jay Bocook the arranger of the Cadets music was in camp. Now, I'm a brass guy. I read and write music, I think I have a good ear. But, listening to Jay, Gino, George and the other instructors discuss the arrangements during ensemble. I was missing a lot! So, from now on I don't even bother reading what other people think The Cadets or other corps for that matter need. These professionals have it well in hand.

The corps worked on Rumble,( The Opening song) It sounds much, much better meaning cleaner/ clearer. And to top it all off, they made the ending faster and louder! ( or was that the tempo it was intended to be?) Anyway, Exciting!

I noticed some guard work changes in prologue ( or maybe I just didn't notice them before) anyway our guard is good! real good!

We've added new staging in the beginning of Boy Like That/I have a love. ( really cool)

Speaking of "Cool" That piece ROCKS! even more!

I remember back in spring training I wrote. " The Cadets not only blow your face off, they surgically remove the whole head!"

Now that the kids are comfortable with all the marching and movement. They are becoming that beast! It's just keeps getting better.

At that point I had to go back to the food truck to help prepare the pork loin for dinner.

Speaking of food. Yes! The Cadets do eat like this! We made some additions and subtractions to our food staff and we are rolling!

Yesterdays menu:

Parents-Take note

Breakfast- blueberry, banana, and chocolate chip pancakes fresh fruit ( cereal milk PB&J)

Lunch- Seafood linguine ( real seafood not that fake stuff ) we had side dishes too with this, I just ate the linguine.

Dinner- Pork loin w/mushroom gravy, rosemary sage stuffing, green beans, apple sauce and chocolate cake w/ raspberry drizzle.( see, the little stuff)

Part of the reason I go on tour is, I always loose weight. Maybe not this year or next year. ( the chefs are coming back)

Tonight we are having a joint dinner with the Bluestars. I wish it was Crown, So we could intimidate them with our cuisine. :w00t:

So Bluestars better bring it tonight! or they will get served literally and figuratively. :devil:

Today the kids woke up and started breakfast at 7:30am ( I told you that 10:00am wake up stuff wouldn't last) fueled by crepes, fresh fruit, fresh baked crumb cake ( cereal milk PB&J) they are out side now warming up stretching, preparing and cleaning their show for another battle with their buddies from South Carolina. This, Should be fun!

There's an 80% chance of rain tonight. So the battle might not take place. Either way the after party will be great! At least the food will. :w00t:

Until next time,

FRED

F of I

Thanks for the update Fred! You're doing a great job. Really enjoyed talking with you in Jackson and being with the Cadets. My wife and are counting the days til we get to spend time with the Cadets family again. Good luck tonight Cadets

West Side Story: - Rumble (from West Side Story) * Prologue (from West Side Story) * A Boy Like That (from West Side Story) * I Have a Love (from West Side Story) * Cool (from West Side Story) * Tonight (from West Side Story)

Hey, from Camp Cadet blah blah blah...

* I'm writing my report earlier than usual because I was up at 5:30am preparing the peach, cherry and blueberry crepes from scratch, for the kids ( I'm not shi##!ng ya) More about that later.

Yesterday, The Cadets worked on a lot of small segments of each number of the show. Jay Bocook the arranger of the Cadets music was in camp. Now, I'm a brass guy. I read and write music, I think I have a good ear. But, listening to Jay, Gino, George and the other instructors discuss the arrangements during ensemble. I was missing a lot! So, from now on I don't even bother reading what other people think The Cadets or other corps for that matter need. These professionals have it well in hand.

The corps worked on Rumble,( The Opening song) It sounds much, much better meaning cleaner/ clearer. And to top it all off, they made the ending faster and louder! ( or was that the tempo it was intended to be?) Anyway, Exciting!

I noticed some guard work changes in prologue ( or maybe I just didn't notice them before) anyway our guard is good! real good!

We've added new staging in the beginning of Boy Like That/I have a love. ( really cool)

Speaking of "Cool" That piece ROCKS! even more!

I remember back in spring training I wrote. " The Cadets not only blow your face off, they surgically remove the whole head!"

Now that the kids are comfortable with all the marching and movement. They are becoming that beast! It's just keeps getting better.

At that point I had to go back to the food truck to help prepare the pork loin for dinner.

Speaking of food. Yes! The Cadets do eat like this! We made some additions and subtractions to our food staff and we are rolling!

Yesterdays menu:

Parents-Take note

Tonight we are having a joint dinner with the Bluestars. I wish it was Crown, So we could intimidate them with our cuisine. :devil:

So Bluestars better bring it tonight! or they will get served literally and figuratively. :w00t:

Today the kids woke up and started breakfast at 7:30am ( I told you that 10:00am wake up stuff wouldn't last) fueled by crepes, fresh fruit, fresh baked crumb cake ( cereal milk PB&J) they are out side now warming up stretching, preparing and cleaning their show for another battle with their buddies from South Carolina. This, Should be fun!

There's an 80% chance of rain tonight. So the battle might not take place. Either way the after party will be great! At least the food will. :lol:

Until next time,

FRED

F of I

West Side Story: - Rumble (from West Side Story) * Prologue (from West Side Story) * A Boy Like That (from West Side Story) * I Have a Love (from West Side Story) * Cool (from West Side Story) * Tonight (from West Side Story)

:w00t: Fred, thank you and all the other friends/family/staff, etc. that feed our kids and give them what they need to continue the dream! It's hard to make it to the place they need to be if their bellies are contsantly wanting and their minds on food! Not only do you nurture the bodies but the minds and souls as well...again...THANK YOU!!

A Proud (and thankful) Cadets Mom :w00t::devil:

Oh my...that doesn't sound good :(

Irving

Fan of the Arts

*shakes you* YOU PEOPLE TOLD ME they were HEALTHY! HEALLLTHYYY!!! *hyperventilates*