Fort Walton Beach Swim-up Bar

Should the show get rained out, would there be a standstill?

Where would that happen?

Spirit's staying in the cafeteria because they are fixing the gym, according to someone I know who is involved with Spirit. So I'd assume that the gym would be unable to be used for that as well.

Is Spirit staying the night? They might be already packed and ready to leave after the show.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Spirit staying the night? They might be already packed and ready to leave after the show.

I think they are leaving after the show.

Choctawhatchee High School stadium is a great venue and they do a first class job of running the show. Choctaw Stylemarchers are 4 time State Champs in the last 5 years and their music staff have close connection with Spirit. As was said earlier, the field drains very quick and my experience recalls only a handful of rain cancellations over the years. Down here, the rain comes in fast and hard and then clears fairly quickly. A big hole in the sky right now! Everyone needs this show to go tonight! :laughing:

Edited by Plan9

Apparently Crown is dealing with the cold virus among many members:

Dear Parents and Supporters,

As some of you may have heard from your family member or friend in Carolina Crown the corps has a number of members "under the weather" today. We have been in constant contact with our medical consultants and local health care providers and have been shuttling those not feeling well to receive medical treatment. All those treated so far have tested negative for any type of flu virus (including those related to "swine flu"), and have been diagnosed with a cold virus. We have isolated those affected and are taking extra precautions with regards to our food service, cleanliness of the buses, etc.

Please be assured that we have a very experienced administrative and support team in place that has handled similar situations over the 20 years of the corps' existence. We appreciate your concern and will keep you posted of any developments over the next day or two.

--

Best Regards,

Kevin Smith

Carolina Crown

Edited by chadwick

Folks. Please keep the members and staff of Crown in your thoughts and prayers. As was noted by Kevin Smith the corps director, several have a cold virus. Will also pray for quick recoveries and good health for all corps. :laughing:

Folks. Please keep the members and staff of Crown in your thoughts and prayers. As was noted by Kevin Smith the corps director, several have a cold virus. Will also pray for quick recoveries and good health for all corps. :laughing:

:thumbup::tongue: :tongue:

Does anyone know if Crown and Cadets (only ones I've heard of so far with this issue) were excessively exposed to the elements during their rehearsals, standstills, etc during the rainouts?

:laughing::thumbup::tongue:

Does anyone know if Crown and Cadets (only ones I've heard of so far with this issue) were excessively exposed to the elements during their rehearsals, standstills, etc during the rainouts?

July 1/09 rain out in Ft.Edwards NY, Cadets didn't even make it to the stadium. I only saw 2 or 3 of the corps there. Cadets were to be the last corps on the field so they could wait.

Heard they have pretty well shaken the flu bug that was going through.

:laughing::thumbup::tongue:

This is common on tour. Each corps deals with their medicals issues as they arise. Just like the Cadets, I'm sure Crown, as stated by Kevin, have people in place to take care of such matters. These kids are warriors and I expect all of those Crown members to be just fine. Let's wish them a speedy recovery.

Irving

Fan of the Arts