Fort Walton Beach Swim-up Bar

I go by the information given. That's all. No mention of "24hr cold bug". Just that they were pulling out of the show after they "rehearsed" due to a "Cold Virus". And no I'm not a medical professional. Although I have worked in my father doctor's office many times and have seen many flu/cold virus cases. Not to mention this happens pretty much every year, including when I marched. But you're right, I have no details on the situation and really have no problems with them pulling out. Just odd that the "medical professionals" would advise them to have rehearsal and then put everyone on buses to travel. Because if it is a 24hr bug that makes no sense.

I'm kinda thinking that the 25-30 sick kids were not in that rehearsal...

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laughing: I'm cringing because I'm a Crown mom who loves the Cadets... and Cavaliers... and Phantom Regiment. We aren't all into making digs, I promise. I only saw one such suggestion and I think only one person agreed on that thread.

Just talked to my son and he thinks there are about 25 holes right now. There are others recovering and probably more waiting to get the bug. I wonder if some Crown members were holding hands with Cadets after a show and caught their bug... :thumbup:

Somehow that image is difficult to conjure up at this time! :tongue:

Best wishes to you Mom, and all the members, parents and staff of this great corps! I expect we'll see them tanned and ready in Texas. :tongue:

Edited by Plan9

I'm kinda thinking that the 25-30 sick kids were not in that rehearsal...

Haha. I would hope not. But considering how 24hr bugs work, there could be many more kids who have it but do not know they do. I just hope they all get well!!

Edited by Feathers Up

conspiracy theory time:

as we all know, one of the trademark sayings of Regiment is, "Making it rain since 1956, The Phantom Regiment." Regiment has currently "endured" (read "caused") 4 rainouts (and soon to be five). This is all a brilliant scheme to give them rest and more rehearsal time in order to pull out another championship run...or so the conspiracy goes...

Edited by chaos001

I wonder if some Crown members were holding hands with Cadets after a show and caught their bug...

Somehow that image is difficult to conjure up at this time!

I thought the same thing at the beginning of the season but I keep seeing reports by someone affiliated with Cadets (maybe on the kitchen truck?) that a good number of HNC and Crown members hang together after shows. There was also a report of two kids, one in each corp, being best friends. Wish all the DCP fans, alums and parents could do the same. They have alot more in common than differences. I'll quit now before I have a "Rodney King" moment.

Anyone whos been on tour when a virus hit knows how much it can quickly become a mess. Everyone is in close proximity on buses and rehearsal fields, plus many members, no matter how much water they think theyre taking down, are pretty dehydrated, and due to the stress theyre putting on themselves in rehearsal, their immune systems are a bit weak. Add all this up and even a minor virus can completely wipe out members and send some to the hospital. Happened to us the day we were attempting to leave everydays for wisconsin in 07. Not fun at all.

:laughing: I'm cringing because I'm a Crown mom who loves the Cadets... and Cavaliers... and Phantom Regiment. We aren't all into making digs, I promise. I only saw one such suggestion and I think only one person agreed on that thread.

Nah, it isn't a big deal. There are some overzealous fans on both sides. As an alumnus and huge fan of both corps I just want everyone to get along :tongue:

Watching Crown and HNC going head to head like this is like watching mommy and daddy fight :tongue:

Just talked to my son and he thinks there are about 25 holes right now. There are others recovering and probably more waiting to get the bug. I wonder if some Crown members were holding hands with Cadets after a show and caught their bug... :thumbup:

That sucks, hope they all get better quick

i can see why the Glassmen score has changed since the ballad rewrite. Great things ahead BRING IT NO EXCUSES