Reindeer Games Between BD and Cavies

But still, at this point the whole thing is still just a rumor

Actually, it's true. I originally started the thread saying it was a "rumor" to soften the impact a bit and (hopefully) keep the replies as lighthearted as possible under the circumstances. The "world's dumbest criminals" part about this story is that the Cavies member was caught, in part, because he had come up to several BD members in Denver asking if he could get a uniform from them. They obviously gave him guidance as to where he should go (biblically speaking)! Then, when one came up missing it was not difficult to piece it together. All in all it's a sad story with an even sadder outcome for the Cavies member. No telling if he truly was let go, it's a matter for the Cavies Corps Director only and I'm certain he doesn't need our help!

Edited by Plan9

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it’s true. I spent a free day in Boulder with my Cavalier son the day after it occurred. The member was sent home. Actually, the other corps members took the incident extremely seriously and were disappointed at his actions. There were plans for a sincere apology to the Blue Devils for the incident.

No one can deny The Cavaliers love to have fun, but they also know when a prank goes to far….

Wasn't it last year that they caught flack for "dying" into Cadets' retreat block? This sounds like implementation of a zero tolerance policy after that episode.

Actually, it's true. I originally started the thread saying it was a "rumor" to soften the impact a bit and (hopefully) keep the replies as lighthearted as possible under the circumstances. The "world's dumbest criminals" part about this story is that the Cavies member was caught, in part, because he had come up to several BD members in Denver asking if he could get a uniform from them. They obviously gave him guidance as to where he should go (biblically speaking)! Then, when one came up missing it was not difficult to piece it together. All in all it's a sad story with an even sadder outcome for the Cavies member. No telling if he truly was let go, it's a matter for the Cavies Corps Director only and I'm certain he doesn't need our help!

Ouch..that's a harsh punishment if that is the case. Me personally would rather see maybe a suspension of a week or two. But i also understand the corp position and set an example that is not tolerated by the Cavaliers as we are professional organization and expect our members to act that way on and off the field.

On one hand that is unfortunate (the punishment being what it was) but at the same time it's good of The Cavaliers to show they mean business with regard to the perception of discipline and character. For that, I applaud them, same as I did last year for the Blue Devils when they had to send home one of their tuba players for engaging in some activities he was not supposed to. As unfortunate as the need for disciplining is, it shows the true class of these organizations that they are willing to enforce what they warn they will enforce.

Edited by pags

On one hand that is unfortunate (the punishment being what it was) but at the same time it's good of The Cavaliers to show they mean business with regard to the perception of discipline and character. For that, I applaud them, same as I did last year for the Blue Devils when they had to send home one of their tuba players for engaging in some activities he was not supposed to. As unfortunate as the need for disciplining is, it shows the true class of these organizations that they are willing to enforce what they warn they will enforce.

Exactly!

:tongue::ph34r: :ph34r:

If the kid was a d-bag and did steal a uniform and got kicked out, thats not cold thats awsome.

How many threads in DCP over the years have been about kids in Cavies being d-bags during retreat etc.... Maybe Zuccala is trying to change that perception.

But still, at this point the whole thing is still just a rumor

Yes he should have been kicked out but...

Threads about Cavaliers being D-bags? Hardly.

I know of whinny threads about "they gave me a jolly rancher booooo hoooo hooooo." Hardly the D-beggery level. Or perhaps you got mixed up and thought The Cavaliers screwed over America O Canada and were blatantly rude to Phantom while The Blue Devils went by and shook the hand of every member of the Phantom membership?

There must be unbelievably bad security around the BD truck.

One of their own kicked-out members got his uniform and bass drum off that truck, then ran on the field and marched finals in 2000.

Garry in Vegas

PS Glad you picked up on the reference, Chris.

There must be unbelievably bad security around the BD truck.

One of their own kicked-out members got his uniform and bass drum off that truck, then ran on the field and marched finals in 2000.

Maybe every corps should hire a security guard with a sidearm for the lot.

The fact that someone would take something belonging to another corps is utterly astounding.

From what I've heard, my aussie from 2005 still lives on the BD brass bus.

COULDN'T YOU HAVE LEAST WAITED UNTIL AFTER FINALS TO STEAL IT :tongue:

You marched SCV in 05? At what show did you lose it?