Could this be the year?

just a little info on what it feels like staying with a building corps and helping them move up the ranks as opposed to going to an established top corps.

I marched 1982-1988 with the bluecoats. during that time we went from 33rd place with a 56 something in 1982 to 11th place in 1987 & 1988. We also folded for the 1983 season and when we reformed in 1984 there were some winter camp where we only had about 12 people. But staying with the corps and being one of the core group that marched together from 1984 to 1988 really meant alot to me and all of the others as we slowly climbed our way into finals as a group and not just went somewhere to be one more cog in their finalist machine.

From your previous response it sounds like you have recovered from your injury and could possibly finish the season somewhere. Have you contacted the troopers to see if they have a need for another experienced and former member to help them in their climb back into the saturday night show?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is about if the Troopers will make Finals or not. If you want to debate the merits of being or not being a sellout, ring chaser, whatever, please take it to PM or start a new thread. Here endeth sermon.

That the Troopers Make the Top 12???

I've been waiting for this moment a long time. Oh please drum corps Gods, yes.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I actually think Troopers design is pretty outstanding (end could use the tweakign it sounds like they are planning. Drill is terrific, and quite effective. Troopers have a ton more cleaning to do visually, than do Colts (which could work either way with less than 4 weeks left. To edge Colts, they are going to have to be snot-nose clean and find some more brass power. Both are possible. I'd give the edge to Colts, but Colts have a risk of maxing out, I fear. Regardless, what a triumph to see Troopers contending for Finals! I'm so happy for them. Love the show. Bought shirts for my other half & I from them and gave them a small donation, too, just to show support!

Harvey

This seasons finals are going to quite a treat. I like the Troopers and the Colts shows and I would love to see both corps in finals. Also we have the new contender of Academy for finals now. This is going to be a dog fight till the end and I'm excited to see who is going to be in the top 12 this summer.

So if Troopers can get into Finals, who would they be beating out? It seems like Madison is definitely having problems and is on the verge of dropping out of Top 12, but Troop will have to also duke it out with Colts, Crossmen, and Spirit. Spirit and Colts know what it takes to make the late-season push for finals and will be tough to beat down the stretch. Crossmen also made a strong push last season, so I don't think we can count them out (and we can't count out Scots either, though I can't imagine their show design is Finalist material).

We'll have a better idea of where everyone stands Saturday, and we'll know which corps will need to work extra hard to overcome a lower placement, and which corps will have a little bit of breathing room.

I think that Troopers have their best show design in a VERY long time, probably their best since 95 (was that the Copland show?). They're also coming off their best season in over decade, and can build on momentum this year with great performances down the stretch.

I think Academy is a bigger threat than Spirit of Crossmen. Academy seem to be doing better coming in to San Antonio.

I sure hope so. It's definitely the best shot they've had in years.

Can you imagine the pop in Indy when Brandt Crocker announces the schedule for Saturday? "Performing in Finals, in order... The Troopers!"

Gonna be real close between them, Colts and Madison, and maybe Academy.

I actually think Troopers design is pretty outstanding (end could use the tweakign it sounds like they are planning. Drill is terrific, and quite effective. Troopers have a ton more cleaning to do visually, than do Colts (which could work either way with less than 4 weeks left. To edge Colts, they are going to have to be snot-nose clean and find some more brass power. Both are possible. I'd give the edge to Colts, but Colts have a risk of maxing out, I fear. Regardless, what a triumph to see Troopers contending for Finals! I'm so happy for them. Love the show. Bought shirts for my other half & I from them and gave them a small donation, too, just to show support!

Harvey

Drill is terrific? They need to take more chances and speed things up a little...then I might agree. If there is politics in drum corps...then Troopers are in!